Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've rebuilt my carbs and the engine ran fine. Shut engine off and took a break for about an hour. Started it back up and now it only runs on #3 and 4 cylinder. Changed coils and wires around with no change. Does someone have an idea.

·
Registered
11 Posts
did you have your carbs synchronize yet? it makes a big differance. could be it. thing IVE FOUND IS I BURN PREMIUME FUEL HAS A CLEANER IN IT AND STARTS FASTER AN ADDS 2 TO 3 MILES PER GALLON . MANUAL SAID DOESN T NEED. BUT GAS HAS CHANGED A LOT FROM 83 . GOOD LUCK AN MERRY XMAS

·
Registered
151 Posts
merry christmas medcoman. any chance of a couple of fouled spark plugs being your problem.try changing them around to see. good luck

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would check to see if there is fuel in the float bowls. I know it started and ran but you may have loosened some muck that is now blocking the fuel passages and even the jets

·
Registered
172 Posts
It may have dripped fuel into that Cyl ands washed down the cyl walls and doesn't have enough compression to fire that cyl. A compression test on that cyl would be a good place to start.It was a common problem on early wings when the fuel was left on with a bad needle and seat in one of the carbs. The way to find out if this is the problem just squirt some oil in the affected cyl and then put in a fresh plug and fire it up. I had it happen on my 77 after a carb overhaul.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks HeavyChevy
Its to cold to mess with it now but I'll try that in the spring
Put in a bottle of stabile (sp?) fuel stabilizer in the tank and run it a few minutes (even if running bad). Fuel goes bad quicky and this will stop any further damage to the fuel system until spring. I use in in my bikes that don't get ridden often and my mowers. Works great. It won't cure your problem but will keep it from getting any worse.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found time to try your oil in the cyl deal and it seemed to work. I'm going to have the carbs synched next month and hope it's ready for spring. Thanks again HeavyChevy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts