Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this bike about a year and half ago. The owner had not rode the bike in over a year and so when I got the bike I had alot of work to do. I started off having to have the tank boiled, carbs cleaned, and then brakes. While I was doing all this work I found out that because my bike is a 83 GL1100I it has alot of stuff from 84 on it. Boy that makes things even more fun.
Well I finally got to ride my bike after a month of hard work. After a week I started to have other problems But bit by bit I could keep fixing them till the starter.

My problem right now is that my starter motor does not work. I have gone threw 2 starters, and now on the 3. I installed this one two days ago and it worked when I tested it once installed. Went out yesterday and now it is doing the same thing all the others where doing. My voltage right now on battery is 11.97. I'm going to test solinod power today and then power at starter.

The other problem is I have a knock at low rpms. It sounds and feels like something is hitting inside the case.

Any help would be great.

Johnathon

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
1100 goldwings are not torque monsters and like to be at or above 2500 rpm or the knock is more pronounced, sorry can be of much help with the starter

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
After this long, why don't you just give up and buy a newer bike?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.