Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned the bike for 9 years and it has never done this before. I even replaced the cap which was 8 years old just to see if that was the problem but still doing same thing.
All the hoses are in good shape. I replaced the thermostat 2 years ago with OEM one. Don’t know what else to do

·
Super Moderator
11,505 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

Is your coolant foamy?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it just started doing it,this my 9th summer with the bike and never done it before.
Fluid levels are normal. I have the false tank off and disconnected the drain tube to see when it came out and let the bike run and before the cooling fan came on it started coming out the overflow

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I had this problem on a different brand of bike. The bike was overheating due to the fan not working. Are your temperature gauge readings normal when this happens?

·
Super Moderator
11,505 Posts
The early Wings had some issues with the fan switch going bad and not actuating the fan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The fan works fine. I put a new thermo switch on last year. Mother Honda, not cheap.
The last time I ran it in my driveway it did not do it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lowered the coolant in radiator a little below the neck and seemed to do the trick. Was missing a little at idle and slow speed. Had coils going bad last year and put new ones on this year. Installed new spark plugs and seemed to fix that.
Road it 125 miles in upper 80’s heat Sunday and worked perfect. Too hot now.
Heat index to be 100 in western pa this week.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you end up with a reoccurring coolant lose out the overflow. You may have head gaskets going. Anytime after 50,000 miles is borrowed time. Well up here in this climate anyway. 40 below winter to summer time heat is way extreme.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts