Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i fired up my wing today after work, took it for a quick run down the block and noticed that i have a loud rapping sound when i let the clutch out in first gear. this noise also can be heard when i give it gas in second and third but is most noticable in first. when i go to start off it will lag and cut out unless i have my rpm's at around 3,000. any advice would be great thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
When were the timing belts and spark plugs last changed?

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Change your radio to a country station ! lol I was just being a smart -A !! good luck !

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
It sounds like fuel problem, one cylinder not running right ( knocking sound ) no power. try adding sea-foam to clear the jets.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Pull your plugs and check them for indications. Sounds like one cylinder is not firing. Variety of causes but the most common are: stuck carb float that is not letting fuel in the bowl or fouled plug that won't fire.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Some of the older Wings had a bit of a problem with the carb slides sticking. That could also cause your problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay so i changed out the plugs from the autolites to NGK and put in fresh 93 octaine fuel, love it when it's an easy fix the bike runs great. thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.