Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok having trouble with my 83 aspencade took it out for a ride yesterday and had on issues parked it fired it up today and i now have no turn signals no horn and no brake lights also my high beams work it just does not show up on the display that it's on . i have already checked the fuses and cleand all the contacts from the tail end to the front that i could find.. Really sucks having more down time on this bike..:mad:

·
Super Moderator
11,952 Posts
Check the connectors from the handlebars and on the ignition switch.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Did you test for power at both ends of each fuse with the key on? Was 12 volts present?

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i tested and found i do not have power at the fuse . however when jump the wire over all power is restored to the damaged system. is there any way i can put in a fuseable link and bypass that part of the fuse block without causing a back feed of power and shorting out other systems..

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
This sounds a lot like on the GL1500 when relay 3 fails. Unfortunately I'm not up on the 1100. You might want to find the relay box and swap out the relay for the compressor for the one that controls that portion of the system. On the 1500 relay box it shows what relay does what, again not sure about the 1100.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I would get a wiring diagram and trouble shoot the circuit if swapping relays do not fix the problem. I would not rig this repair until you know exactly what caused the power failure to this circuit. Many cars and bikes get burnt up this way.

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
I would get a wiring diagram and trouble shoot the circuit if swapping relays do not fix the problem. I would not rig this repair until you know exactly what caused the power failure to this circuit. Many cars and bikes get burnt up this way.
Absolutely, if it isn't the relay, do not jury rig, till you know what the cause is.

·
Banned
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it looks like i got really lucky apon a closer inspectiuon of the wires leading to the fuse box i found a broken wire. repaired the wire from the joint in the harness under the seat back up to the fuse box now all is well. thank you for all the tips . goes to show you can never rely on 29 year old wiring..:)

·
Registered
749 Posts
I was hoping you would burn up the bike so we wouldn't have to keep hearing about all your problems!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.