Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow riders! I have an '84 that I absolutely love, and I've recently acquired an '82 that I'd like to toy around with, possibly set it up for my wife to ride. The '82 is lower than mine which makes it perfect for her, but I would like to lighten it up. Does anyone out there know how the '82 Interstates look with the fairing, side hard cases and trunk removed? I've done this in the past with '78, '79 & '82 Kaw's, and they looked great, but never a Goldwing. I don't wanna do it if it shouldn't be done; ya know, if it looks korny for some reason that I can't picture with the stuff on there. I know the headlight arrangement will be an issue, but I'm hoping there are "kits" for that. Thank you all for any help and advice on this.

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
hello mac, welcome to GWOF. a stripped down 1100 will look like a nakked goldwing otherwise known as a standard model you will need the headlite bucket assembly and fork ears to mout it, you'll also need some turn signals front and rear from a nekked 1100

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the "welcome" detdrbuzzard, and the advice. So it will look like a standard model. That's the answer I was looking for. Back then all those accessories were like bolt-on options to the standard model, right? As opposed to the newer 'Wings where the body parts are molded and fit together. Would be impossible to strip down a newer one. In an ideal situation, who would want to? At least with the '82 I have some flexibility. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts