Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most of you have them, they often control the temp & fuel gauge and when they start acting up you get false readings. NLA from Honda, salvage yard items are of little help as they may also be bad.

I put together a kit of parts to make your own replacement and I'm not making any money by selling them, just trying to help out the community.

Details are here: http://www.innoengr.com/cx500/regulator_assembly.doc

For members of the forums I'm only charging $5.00 per kit or $8 for two - postage paid to the USPS regions and about $1 more to anywhere else, just inquire.

We were doing this with a 7805 referenced off ground with a green LED but they were not nearly as stable for a number of reasons and you had to isolate the heat sink. This is the correct way to do it as opposed to the old way I'll be glad to give you more links if you want them. I'll also give you a link to the complete BOM should you prefer to round up all the parts yourself and pay for shipping but it'll come to more than I can provide them for since I buy in volume. Totally tested circuit, works like a charm and if assembled correctly you get another 30 years out of one.

Shameless plug I know, but if I'm not making anything off of them thus I see no harm. See some of my posts in http://www.choppercharles.com and my actual costs are listed out.

Sometime later this year I hope to have my totally PWM variable speed fan controller out too but it's a little more involved and requires that I get the PCBs made up which are not cheap to do if you want good quality. I got tired of the plastic fans on our earlier version coming apart and often taking a radiator out. Many of us have converted to electric but I hate having the things coming on and off from a simple temp switch or running simply because the exit water was hot yet plenty cool enough coming back from the radiator when there was sufficient cooling from the air at cruising speed.

Come join out forum, we share a ton of common parts and there a guy over there that can not only do the best job you ever saw on your carbs but can also also restore your radios.

My e-mail should appear in my profile regarding any questions but don't PayPal me direct as it's a different address. I'd prefer personal contact first so we both know each other and can discuss your problem then go over the details.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figures, you all know what they are so I'm placing an order for another round of parts come Monday so I won't run out.

Long story to why they put these in in the first place but I'll expound in the future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts