Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just bought a 1976 goldwing, hasn't run for yrs, turns over no spark. going to need a little help.

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Welcome aboard. You'll see lots of help here.

·
Administrator
29,009 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from PA. There are several older Wing people here so as you need help just post your questions in the appropriate subforum & you will get answers.:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
welcome from Maryland , good luck with the wing

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
hello bopool, welcome to GWOF.get a good battery, fully charged and a tune up kit. points, plugs, and condensers. if its been sitting too ong you may need to rebuild the carbs

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Make sure the kill switch is in the run position.

·
Super Moderator
7,608 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on getting a Classic Wing.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Wow! 1976? That's beyond a "Classic Wing", that's a "Vintage Wing!" Good luck with your project. There are some very knowledgeable people here willing and able to help. Should be fun to see and hear about its resurrection.:D

The first thing I do with older bikes that have not run for quite awhile is to soak the rings with 2-cycle oil, about an ounce per cylinder, through the plug holes; new oil and filter, too. After a few days of soaking, give the starter a short bump, and repeat each day while you're working on the second thing, rebuilding the carbs. Just pulling the carb bowls off will tell you if it's absolutely necessary, but it's always wise to do.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good luck with Wing.

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
Welcome from the Keystone state. Where is home for you??

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
Welcome from Mississippi. Good luck with your project. I'm not much help getting those older bikes running but I sure love it when someone gets them back on the road. Fixing up an old bike is in my retirement plans but that's a little bit in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts