Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike had sat for a little over a year.
Rebuilt carbs per Randakk, Finally got the timimg down, and took a compression test.
All 4 cylinders are between 120-125 vs 171 (which is spec)
Specifically;
Cyl 1 - 120
Cyl 2 - 121
Cyl 3 - 125
Cyl 4 - 120

Plan to use Sea Foam and Marvel Mystery Oil to the oil.

Do I need to have both heads overhauled? Can't find a reputable shop in my area. So going it alone.

Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
Don't worry too much about the compression, as long as it's above 100 the bike will run fine. After being ridden, I wouldn't be surprised if it goes up from the rings re-seating.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use marvel mystery oil in my cars and it works great either in the oil or gas. I think the point was made that maybe running it with the Sea Foam to clean the carbs and upper engine may help as getting the varnish, and crud out of both which will help it run better.

I had a 1984 GMC Balzer type truck that started getting sluggish from dropped compression at 100,000 miles and I added it a product called restore and it takes about 500 miles to notice a differece but it really worked well and the truck ran much stronger. My Trail Blazer just passed 100,000 miles and drives like new and I use it in that also.

We will see what others say but I'd drive it with the Sea Foam and put some miles on it and see if it improves before I did any major engine work.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Give it some time and mileage and see what comes out of it.A year isn't a long time ot sit, but it doesn't take much gunk to cause grief.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Sea foam sure smoothed out the Green Wing. Yesterday a Yamaha pulled up next tto me at a light and, with her new exaust mods, she just sat there and growled at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts