1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
‎5 cases of Dublin Dr. Pepper $50
shirts for the girls and wife, $45
gas $45
13 hours away from the house, on a 500 mile motorcycle ride with a friend, priceless!

Road south to the world's oldest Dr. Pepper bottling plant in Dublin Texas on Saturday.
Stopped by a friends house 100 miles away and he rode with me on his VTX 1300.
I was in no hurry, and since he still had a stock seat on his ride, I made sure I found an excuse to stop every hour or so.
We had a great ride down, back roads all the way.
Rained hard as soon as we got there.
Loaded up the trailer with cases of Dr. Pepper then started back home.
A little rain before I got back home, but nothing too bad. Awesome lightning show though, I thought it was going to get ugly but I missed the real bad stuff.

Didnt take any pictures along the way, was just a nice long enjoying ride.

0 miles on June 29th, just turned over 5,900 on the way home from work today!:)

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any truth to the rumor that Dr. Pepper is carbonated prune juice ?
Not sure what all the flavors are in there, but it is definately more than just carbonated prune juice.
It contains a fruit flavor that might very well be prunes, but I think it tastes more like a black cherry.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
Not sure what all the flavors are in there, but it is definately more than just carbonated prune juice.
It contains a fruit flavor that might very well be prunes, but I think it tastes more like a black cherry.
dr. pepper is nothing but cherry cola

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dr. pepper is nothing but cherry cola
It maybe cherry like, but it is definately more than cherry cola.
Whatever it is, I sure like it.
If you have never had real cane sugar soda pop, it tastes very different than corn syrup sweetened soda.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Ahh, the benefits of having a trailer. I've been contemplating building one for our longer trips. Would be nice to have more room to bring goodies home.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Nice report Dougie. Enjoy the Pop!

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
You don' know how good you have it with your gas prices. $45 for 500 miles. On the Black Dog Ride $100 for 500 mls. On one tank it was $35. Eric

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Good run Doug! Em, guys, I doubt it's the Dr Pepper that has the effect you mention, likely the Diablo sandwich and the jalepenos that does it:eek:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You don' know how good you have it with your gas prices. $45 for 500 miles. On the Black Dog Ride $100 for 500 mls. On one tank it was $35. Eric

You are so correct.
Most of us Americans do not realize how much our government subsidizes the oil companies to keep gas prices low.
I pay on average about $2.40 US dollars a gallon.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
So Dougie how did the trailer work for the first time out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice report. Sounds like you had a good time.

I've been to Dublin many times and the DP is really good. My wife was born in Dublin, but grew up in Stephenville.

Question, where's home? It doesn't say where you're from in your avatar.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice report. Sounds like you had a good time.

I've been to Dublin many times and the DP is really good. My wife was born in Dublin, but grew up in Stephenville.

Question, where's home? It doesn't say where you're from in your avatar.
Home is in Sulphur Oklahoma. Exit 55 off of I 35 then 15to miles east.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Thanks, Dublin is now added to the bucket list. I've been through it but didn't stop. If your ride is what brought some rain to Texas you need to go back a few more times.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts