Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I traded in my 06 Concours and got a new/ left over black 08 GW nuvi. Still nervious. I haven't riden it as of yet, (still inthe crate). It'is a little overwhelming. If all goes well Thursday is the maden voyage. $18.9K, seemed like a pretty good number, I guess. It sure is a lot of bike, though. There is a lot to learn for sure. Reverse..., all the controls, big....
any must have accessories? I couldn't sleep last night thinking about it all.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF glowdog. i think a driver back rest is a must have item

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new Wing. You are going to love the bike. Don't let it's size and weight scare you. It's easier to handle than you think. Take your time and enjoy the best mc made. There are a lot of "farkles" you can add to your Wing to make it your own, so look around at some other Wings and get an idea of what works for you.

Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Congrats on new bike. I too am new to goldwing and have an 08. As for must haves, my advice is like up above. Look around and ask people. I didn't do that and put over $3000.00 extra on the bike which makes it look real nice but there is some glitter that I would trade for others. No need to do it all right away.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OMG what a sweeeeet bike! I put on the highway pads that are adjustable i can't remember who makes them... Kuryakyn or something like that. But they are very high quality. Listen, this 08 Nuvi abs is just sweet. i got caught in a thunder boomeron the way home, but can assure you it just didn't matter, nothing was taking the smile off my face. The only issue that needs addressed is that my both feet dont sit completely on the ground. with preload at 0 its really close. so I am going to look in having the seat modified. Other than that what a pleasent expierence for a first time rider on a Wing. BTW the ABS really came in handy with wet roads and new tires. I could hardly sleep last night again, but for a different reason - I have a new girl in the house and what a sweetheart she is!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Don't forget to post some pics of your new ride. Especially ones with a BIG smile on your face. Enjoy and ride safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts