Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back Betty and I were invited to go up to Kamloops, B.C. with out find David and Marcia for a few days of riding with our fine Canadian friend Kirk and Kathy Elliott the director of the local GWRRA chapter there.
We left our house just south of the Border on the morning of the 4th about 11;00 AM, crossed the border without any hitches then onto Hwy 1 east to Hope where we had a quick lunch. Learned that the BMW Dave and Marcia were riding wasn't their touring bike but a smaller less comfortable one and that we'd be stopping about every hour to give them a brake.. At Hope we got on Hwy 5 North to Kamloops other then a few rest stops it was uneventful Got to Kirk and Kathy's about 4 PM had a nice dinner and talked the night away.

The morning of the 5th the girls decided to stay in town and do girlie things. Kirk lead Dave and I out of town where we hooked up with Hwy 1 again and stayed on it to Savona area where we cut off to ride a back road cross country south to Login Lake to see the mine where Kirk had worked for 38 years till he retired in January then rode 97 C back to Kamloops for another fine dinner and more visiting.

Friday the 6Th the girls were ready for a ride. We left the house with Kathy in the lead on her red 1800 trike. Left town on Hwy 5 N. took a butt brake at the Little Fort rest area then onto Clear water and the cut off to Helmcken Falls in the Wells Gray Provincial Park. The falls though not near as wide as Niagara it is twice as high.. Retraced our out going route back to the house.

The 7Th was the Chapter meeting and breakfast. The guys (10 bikes) headed out on a ride to such places as Faulkland, Armstrong, Salmon Arm. While all this was going on the women were busy getting a surprise Birthday Party ready for Kirks return. The old guy turned 60Ty. Kirk's son the Doctor, Jason and his wife ws there his son Nick as well as his younger brother Dale. A good time was had by all.

The 8th we left Kamloops on 5A south along Nicola Lake to Merritt were we refueled and got on Hwy 8 west a beautifull ride to Spence Bridge where hooked up with Hwy1 south to Hope and Hwy west to Whatcom Road whre we got off to beat a traffic jam and a quick way to the Sumas border crossing and home.
A big Thank You to our Fine Canadian Hosts Kirk and Kathy, for some great riding and introducing us to some new friends.

·
Premium Member
7,942 Posts
Hey Ron,

Man I'd like to make that trip over the next year! BC really is beautiful. Any pics? You know what they say around here: If there are no pics, it never happened!:D

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Great sounding trip Ron. Must have been a gorgeous place to ride. See you soon for our ride in the Cascades. Leaving Texas in about an hour enroute to Portlnd, Oregon. Should be there by Friday.

·
Administrator
29,077 Posts
Sounds nice Ron, glad you had fun. Only 1 question.

Where are the Pictures, Robertson?????;)

·
Premium Member
16,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was affraid you would ask for picture, I got a few but having a heck of a time getting them into the confuser for some reason. Will have find some one to help me. :eek:
Sorry guys:(

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
Sounds like a great time Ron. Only met them once, but Kirk and Kathy are great folks!
As to the pics, remember: "to err is human...to really $%*& things up requires a computer!"

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Excellent. I'm heading that way next week, 'cept will be approaching from the north. Some pictures just to whet my appetite would be nice. I sure hope these unseasonably warm temperatures abate a little before then...

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
Sounded really nice Ron. I've ridden some of the Eastern BC and it is beautiful. Want to do Vancouver Island one of these days.

·
Premium Member
16,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounded really nice Ron. I've ridden some of the Eastern BC and it is beautiful. Want to do Vancouver Island one of these days.
We rode on Vancouver Island for a couples days a few years ago. Very nice
I would recommend the ride south out of Kamloops on 5A to Merritt then Hwy 8 to Spence Bridge and then Hwy 1 south to Hope
Then west on Hwy 1 to the Sumas ,USA border crossing. You are long a Lake of River almost all the way. Call before you cross the border and we'll put the coffee on.:)

·
Administrator
15,398 Posts
An area I've drooled on my map over. Sure would love to see some pictures......

·
Premium Member
16,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don'tt know what I've done or how I did it, but I've lost every thing on the memory card, at least as far as I can tell :( :mad:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts