Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I and the wife enjoy our 2010 Wing however time waits on no man and I am getting older( 65 years young) . I now see maybe a Trike in my future but want to be able to ride two wheels when I feel up tp it.My wife said she would be (feel) safer when she rides on a Trike, so as a effort to make both of us happy I am looking into a kit like the "voyager " "Tow Pac" and so forth. So here is the questions : How many of you have rode or have kits like this ,do you like them ,and which is the best for the money ?

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Hey Bill...You may have opened a can of worms there guy. You will get answers about both kits you mentioned. Mainly because people like them for different reasons. I have the tow pac on my 1500. I got it because I liked the way it looks over the voyager kit and also I found a a guy selling it for a price I could not pass up on. I like the way it rides and handles and one of the reasons I got it is because the wife said she would like to learn to ride the wing by herself. She can not hold the wing up on two wheels but with the tow pac she is able to handle it. My plans are to teach her to ride the 1500 and maybe find me an 1800.....we will see though.

Ride Safe Always!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know about a can of worms , but your reply is the info I am looking for in addition how is the ride , steering , eaze on and off ?
Thanks Bill

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i think that the trike lady has a voyager kit on her wing

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Hello Bill. I have the Voyager on my GL1500 for 5 years and I like it.
I do suggest that you get the one with the shocks and not the rubber 'O' ring suspension version. The ride with the shock model is more solid with heavy bikes. You also have the Trigg Trike unit that is available. To remove the Voyager there are two large bolts that hold it to the belly bracket and the rest of the hardware remains in place.
Mine steers easily without the use of a rake kit

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
I have also seen systems in which the wheels lower when coming to a stop and raise once under way. Would that be something that would interest you. Could be the best of both worlds. I'll see if I can find a link.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two wheel ,those are interesting but I don't think I could get over the looks of them, I think something with at least a 12 inch wheel or better. Trike Lady, which supension is on the standard unit ?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Two wheel ,those are interesting but I don't think I could get over the looks of them, I think something with at least a 12 inch wheel or better. Trike Lady, which supension is on the standard unit ?
They use a rubber disc. The voyagers come with chrome 13" wheels std and have 14, 15 wheels you can buy. if you buy new, you can get a wheel upgrade for real cheap w/the unit.

I've got one on my 1989 GW. My wife loves it becuase she feels real secure. I cna overbrake to my hearts content withouyt fear of low/high siding. Wheel slips in the rain do not result in a fishtail.

The ride is not quite as smooth as 2 wheels, imo, especially on crappier roads. On good roads, you cna haul axx smoothly.

steering is harder without raking out the front end. you have to muscle it some on tight turns.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
You can still get the ones with the regular shocks, you may have to ask for it. I know that a couple of people have ordered them recently for their bikes. You can sometimes find used ones on craigslist or even a trike shop.
Here's another one to look into, the Trigg Trike unit.
www.triggtrikekits.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts