Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i might get the wing out and use IT to run and get a battery tender...

if not, ill at least pull it out and get it started up for a little while...

whats everyone ELSE doing during this january thaw? (well those of you who are getting a thaw)....

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
I did a ride to work in the fog this am and I hope the ride home at 7 is clear. I do love when I can ride this time of year.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Right now it would at least warm up enough so I could do some wood working out in the shop. Just hate it when everything you touch is 30 degrees.:(:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,536 Posts
Just don't touch the flag pole or we will have to call ghe fire department.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
i am going out and work in the garage but i'm not going tostart the wing

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Well. Down south the sun appeared and I jumped on and road about 3 hours to Jackson, MS to see my mom. Only thing is tomorrow there's about 60% chance I'll be riding home in the rain all the way home. Took the opportunity to by a rain suit though. And got 10% off the price too.

Clothing Jacket Outerwear Red Sleeve

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
126 Posts
We are in a cold snap right now. 2 days ago the LOW was 72 overnight. Last night and tonight they expect the low near 62...brrrrr. It was a nice trip to work and back today.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Was up to 69 degs yesterday so took the wings out to dinner at Texas road house and back it was nice to get out and ride. I have not ridden in about 2 months sure was nice to get out and ride. Hal

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Not thawing much at my house. 16 this morning. Could use a little warm.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Just did my first "all dark!" Covered about 200 miles. It's 72 degrees right now but with the rain coming in to stay for a couple days I decided to ride on home. Little bit of cross wind and a few deer but I rolled in without a hitch. I may be crazy, but aren't we all just a little nuts?

PS. Just how much of a gust of wind will actually mess you up? Curious, cause a couple of times I really tightened up the old... jaws! Actually I think my butt would have kept me clinched to the seat no matter how windy it was. Lol.

·
Administrator
15,320 Posts
Just did my first "all dark!" Covered about 200 miles. It's 72 degrees right now but with the rain coming in to stay for a couple days I decided to ride on home. Little bit of cross wind and a few deer but I rolled in without a hitch. I may be crazy, but aren't we all just a little nuts?

PS. Just how much of a gust of wind will actually mess you up? Curious, cause a couple of times I really tightened up the old... jaws! Actually I think my butt would have kept me clinched to the seat no matter how windy it was. Lol.
Glad you made it home okay. I've ridden in a 30 mph crosswind. I had to keep pushing on the windward bars all the way and leaning into it. It was a trying day.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Thanks Mark. I look forward to meeting you this spring and maybe you can show some good roads around that part of the state. My mom is recently widowed and now I have a Wing so I'll be heading down regularly when the weather gets better. Good to know a 30mph gust won't actually knock you over. Last night it wasn't constant but when I'd top a bridge or roll through some flatland it did tense me up a little. But it was great experience. Just DARK!!

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
We're approaching a mild spell here too. Not exactly what you'd cal m/c weather though:( Apparently there was a dood on a sidecar rig at the m/c show on the weekend...brave soul!:cool: Here's what we have to look forward to:
http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caab0015

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.