Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well after staying out all nite partying until three i came home and promptly went to bed but woke up just before 7a. eariler in the week i was thinking about my lack of riding and ride reports this year. partly because of the heat and partly because i hadn't thought about where i wanted to ride to so this year i don't think i'll put on as many miles as last year. there was no bat masterson to watch on tv this morning so i told myself that i need to go for a good ride. by 7:30 i was cleaned up, dressed and out the door and on the 1500 wing. this wasn't a sight seeing ride, i took schafer north to I-96 and i_96 west to the left coast. traffic was light going west , didn't even seee a leo. the temp was in the mid 60's when i left which made for some nice riding. my only stop was for gas in the capitol city, lansing. i took I-196 south to holland, mi then jumpped on m-31 heading south which takes you through part of the city of holland before it puts you back on I-196.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i stopped in south haven for lunch at wendy's and a fill up at shell. it was still cool and comfortable on the wing. i took I-196 south and then I-94 east. i havent been that far west on I-94 since before i started working at ford, lots of changes. i use to drive for overnite transportation and we drove from romulus, mi to dalton, il about every afternoon. we would stop at the " 66 " and that has changed too. my next stop for gas was in albion, mi, there was no surprise about the changes there as i had been in albion earlier this year. traffic was getting heavier from here on and the temp seemd to be in the 80's. there were a few speed traps in wayne, mi but still a nice ride and i made it home by three, 420+ miles because i forgot to reset my tripometer :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oh yeah, glad you got out and had a great ride! wish I had your temperatures down here but it doesn't stop us riding.
Ride with the angels surrounding you!
God bless,
Angelmammaw

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
i stopped in south haven for lunch at wendy's and a fill up at shell. it was still cool and comfortable on the wing. i took I-196 south and then I-94 east. i havent been that far west on I-94 since before i started working at ford, lots of changes. i use to drive for overnite transportation and we drove from romulus, mi to dalton, il about every afternoon. we would stop at the " 66 " and that has changed too. my next stop for gas was in albion, mi, there was no surprise about the changes there as i had been in albion earlier this year. traffic was getting heavier from here on and the temp seemd to be in the 80's. there were a few speed traps in wayne, mi but still a nice ride and i made it home by three, 420+ miles because i forgot to reset my tripometer :)
Pretty cool warm-up Doc. How did the neck feel?

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Pretty cool warm-up Doc. How did the neck feel?
the neck is ready for the ride east with the hoon. i have a ride planned next weekend to port huron via m-29 and m-25, two hours of back roads and about 150 miles ( going to take the ladies sight seeing next weekend ) but no long rides until the hoon arrives in indiana

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You may be ready for that IBA ride;)
i don't think i would have a problem doing an iba ride i use to be an otr driver, columbus, ga to laredo tx on 2hrs of sleep and a truck goverened at 64mph :D

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
i don't think i would have a problem doing an iba ride i use to be an otr driver, columbus, ga to laredo tx on 2hrs of sleep and a truck goverened at 64mph :D
Columbus to Laredo......now that's a haul. I think it's easier on the Wing than a truck or car

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Home at 3:00 a.m. ? Up and riding by 7:30 a.m. ? I'm tired just contemplating that.
i sent dewey over to moms to cut her grass so i didn't have to this weekend and that gave me some riding time providing i could get up

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
i sent dewey over to moms to cut her grass so i didn't have to this weekend and that gave me some riding time providing i could get up
I didn't have anyone to delegate duties to, so I had to do them myself today. I delivered a lawn mower to the daughters house. Note: I just DELIVERED it.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Administrator
15,310 Posts
Great, Detroit to Lake Michigan and back, that's some miles under the tires. I like just taking off and going but hardly ever do it without some planning. Hope to see you in PA next month.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great, Detroit to Lake Michigan and back, that's some miles under the tires. I like just taking off and going but hardly ever do it without some planning. Hope to see you in PA next month.
i had though about going to holland, south haven, and benton harbor ( didn't make it to benton harbor ) since this spring cause i had not been that way since i was a kid and because of my birthday this weekend was open. i'm going to try to get up to baldwin and idlewild while its still warm. i hope everything works in your favor andyou can make it to pa, hope to meet you there

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts
i had though about going to holland, south haven, and benton harbor ( didn't make it to benton harbor ) since this spring cause i had not been that way since i was a kid and because of my birthday this weekend was open.
Hope you had a happy birthday Doc... Many more...

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Easy there sport, yer gettin too auld fer that all night stuff;) Glad you had a good jaunt, and belated wishes...you must be what...29 now?:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts