Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

400 mile first day

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  GWTrike 
#1 ·
Rode a VTX 1800 300 miles to the Honda dealer in Arkansas.
Traded in on a red 2012 and ended up with a 400 mile ride back home after stoping by my uncles house who has had a wing of one form or another since the beginning.

All I can say is that I should have bought a wing ages ago. If not for the burning hot weather I could have kept on going for what felt like forever. It is comfortable as driving a car with the windows rolled down.

This is the first bike I have owned where the fairing doesn't move with the handle bars, so that is taking me awhile to get used to.
My feet are farther back of course than they were on the VTX.

Several goodies already installed by the dealer, more on the way for me to install.

[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
#2 ·
Sweet ride Dougiep. Good for you & keep on riding. You'll get used to the big girl pretty quick.

Ride Safe.

#4 ·
Congrats!!!!!! To both of you. It's a different kind of ride, isn't it ? Easy to get used to. The most un-motorcycle like ride I have ever experienced. The stationary fairing is a perspective adjustment but you quickly discover that it all makes sense. Just like in a car you focus on the road ahead and point your dashboard in the direction you want to go.

#5 ·
That faring does take getting used to but you will sooner than you think. You’ll find a 600 mile day isn’t very hard either. Glad you like it.

#7 ·
This may be our first pics of a 2012.. Congrats on your really new Wing...

#16 ·
Dougie,
Your 1800X was a beast; I know because I had one. In their day, there was very little on the road other than sportbikes that stood a chance against the 1800X. The GW has got to be a big change of pace! Smoother, more comfortable ride you can go all day on; different sitting position.

I just picked up an '89 GL1500 trike and am new to the GW family as well. I had always shied away from the GW's because I felt they were way too big for my 5'7" frame, but side-by-side in my garage,I do believe my Harley Ultra Classic is bigger than my '89 Wing and that Ultra Classic was a downsize from my ex-VTX1800C :)

#17 ·
Dougie,
The GW has got to be a big change of pace! Smoother, more comfortable ride you can go all day on; different sitting position.
Very much so, but I am absolutely loving it.
I can tell the wife likes it more to because we are riding curvy roads going faster than I would have on the VTX, and she is not screaming at me to slow down.
The wing handles twisties better than the VTX by a long shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.