Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done the 4 corners of the US and if so what would be the best time of year to go and in what direction? Obviously you have to get away from winter driving but there is also all that Southern heat and major storms. I am in Nova Scotia Canada but I could ride the bike to Washington to start rather than starting in Maine and I would just finish there. Do you go around or do you go diagonally?

Just a dream now but I want to ready when I get the OK to go. I have been making a lot of deposits to the household emotional bank.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Did that in my folks car in March 1984. Nice few days from their place in Mesa, Az. there and back. Always wanted to go back and o do that, along with Monument Valley, and Bryce Canyon, Zion too. That's still on the list I'm afraid.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Have a buddy that just finished it with his 13 year old daughter. He lives in Minnesota, first corner was Washington, second was California, third was Florida, and then finished in Maine. I would love to do it sometime. But I need to get another bike first.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
You definately want to NOT travel at twilight/evening/night in the northeast and Canada in/near the fall. That's rutting season for all the deer, elk, antelope and moose. Any one of which could spoil the ride very quickly.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Gee guys, I think my "four corners" is a whole bunch different than yours. Thought you meant the convergence of the four states Az, Co, NM, Ut. My bad.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The northeast I hear is fantastic in the fall for the colors. The southeast I think is best towards fall, but spring isn't too bad. Can't say on the southwest or northwest weather.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rapier I know what you mean about the deer in the north. Last year we went through Indiana in May and we counted 12 dead deer in the evening and in the morning when we left there 16 dead deer just on our side of the three lane highway.

Blk93wing - I never thought of the fall. You are right the Northeast would be beautiful and one could miss the storms in the South.

Thanks evryone for your response.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Redfox...I would think starting the trip the first week of Sept would be a good time...I would start in Washington...go east then south...You get yourself out of the rockies before Sept 15th...after that you could hit snow depending on the year....just my thoughts....

Although this is also on my bucket list...next years trip to Alaska is first ...but if you do the 4-corners after next year...let me know...I might tag along...

Safe Ride...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts