Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from my first extended trip on the Gold Wing. We covered 15 000 km over 30 days. Our trip took us from Toronto to Chicago where we picked up the start of route 66. We then traveled as much as possible on the old 66 until the end at Santa Monica pier in California. Along the way we took a two day side trip to Tombstone Az and to the Grand Canyon and Las Vega. From Santa Monica the ride went up the coastal highway 1 through Washington and Oregon into British Columbia. We traveled through the Rockies into Alberta then south to Montana as we made our way to Sturgis before coming home to Toronto.
It was quite an experience living out of the bike for 30 days and other than a flat tire the Wing ran smoothly with no problems. This was a wonderful trip that I was fortunate to complete with some good friends.

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
Glad you had a good time, sad that you didn't post any pictures though.:(;)

·
Registered
674 Posts
No pictures It did not happen.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Glad you had such a great run. However:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. Glad everything went well. HOWEVER... we need pics to prove you really made the trip....:D

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
That was a great Trip. I drove part of highway 66 several times when it was still HWY 66 and then went to college on Hwy 66 at Flagstaff. Was a lot of interesting things along that old highway, and as you found out some are still there. Glad you made the ride and are home safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts