Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up my first ever wing yesterday and rode about 260 miles and 4 hours to bring it home(north of Cadillac to greater Port Huron)...

i filled up twice with 3.9g both times and right at 110 miles between stops. that averages 28.2mpg. definitely not what im looking for in a touring/cruising bike but....

im schlepping a 230lb california sidecar with a windscreen nearly as tall as the wing's...

when we got home to my parents and we showed the bike to my daughter she went wild with excitement. my wife and i had stopped at a big motorcycle joint on the way home (Rockys for you michiganians) and picked up a couple of new helmets so we had one for Number One Daughter. the smile on her face as she got a sidecar ride to OUR house was so embedded, i wouldnt have been able to wipe it off with a double-cut mill bastard file...

that sidecar makes the bike ride like a FRIGGIN BARGE! understeer is an absolute understatement, especially with any kind of speed on. as much as id like to dump the sidecar and run the wing solo, but it was bought purposely for 3-up touring and it looks like there is WAY TOO MUCH 'stuff' going on to split them up for casual riding. i guess thats what my REX is for...

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Your ride looks great. Looks like you have a lot of miles and smiles ahead for you and your family. Good luck with her and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
That would be what I would expect from a big bike and sidecar. Love the colour and from the sound of it, everyone is going to enjoy it. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i'm going to have to take a trip to port huron to see this sidcar rig in person. i was at rocky's saturday

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Detroit Buzzard...

Let me know when. I work a lot and id hate for you to miss out on it...

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
i might head up to port austin and over to bay city with detdewey this weekend

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Nice unit Ltdave! Never driven a hack rig before, but have always been fascinated by them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts