Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only my opinion, but it still looks great. I pulled everything off and got to work. First I cleaned the engine and frame followed by cleaning the tank and side covers. Out with the polished everything. All of the plastic was armor oiled. These bikes have no value over here and one of the coments I get a lot is. I didn't think there would be any of those thing still running. I think it's a great bike and treat it as such even though it's a daily ride. Today I even polished the engine. Eric

Attachments

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Nice looking Sabre! I sold my Magna as the Wing took priority! I miss the bike because it was a faithful ride !!! I bought the Magna After having to recover from a serious bike wreck! I was not supposed to walk much less ride again!! Ha Ha!! The magna was the perfect start to get back in the saddle again!!! Keep it going they are very dependable rides!

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
I said it before Eric, That is one great looking Sabre. I know I get the same sort of reaction as well with my Nighthawk, but like you I don't care. Ride Safe til you can get the Wing.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
did you post any pic's in the gallery

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
When I pulled up to my mother -in -laws house on my new Goldwing she said , " That bike is too big . You need one that fits ".

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rigginray6: I take it that is the bigger engine. Something like 1000cc. I know they were about but I have only ever seen the 750cc over here. We use to know them as vf 750 And I think you called them 45 and 65' Sabre and Magna which was the bigger one. Mine is an USA import and therefor is a vf 700. I think they my have a smaller bore to get it to 700cc. They are very hard to get parts for over here. So far I have had no problems with it, just normal service, which I do every 2500 miles for oil.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
When I pulled up to my mother -in -laws house on my new Goldwing she said , " That bike is too big . You need one that fits ".
Spoken like a true mother in law.:D

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Detdrbuzzard: I will have to give it a go, I have never tried to do that yet. Chopin 114:I have yet to ride a wing and the attraction is the comfort for the second person because I want Vanessa to enjoy being on the bike. I am so look forward to the experience of both being in the USA and on the wing. How much better can it get. Plus I will find out if bigger is better. Eric

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried to put it in the gallery' but the photo is too big. Help. Eric

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Great looking bike Eric. Did you buy it new or was there a prior owner?

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Credit must go to the previous owner as well. Who by the way did all of the servicing himself from new. There are a couple of places where the paint has been blemished, but it is all original. And because of it's great condition I paid $5000 for it when most of the bikes like this were selling for about $3500. I looked at it and if you were to consider how much a paint job cost over here which is about $1000. Must go Vanessa's is cracking the whip. Eric

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Wow Eric,
That is alot of dough!!! You will be surprised I paid 500 for mine. Not as pristine as yours but great bike!

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Nice bike Eric. Very cool.

·
Registered
515 Posts
V45 Sabre was the first new bike I bought, '83 I think. I think it eventually became the interceptor. It was a smoking ride back then!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice bike Eric! I bought a new V45 Sabre back in 1982 which was the first year for the V-4 here in the US. The engine ran as smooth as the wing as I recall due to the 90 degree V-4 engine configuration. I wish I still had that bike!

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yes that is a lot of money for a 1985 honda. Over here an early K1 750 will bring as much as $10000. A quick sale would be $8000 for a good low mileage one. I wanted something a bit different and was keen on a 1976 500/4 honda. The Sabre got the nod for 2 reasons. The first was that I thought that it had a 20ltr gas tank and the second was the number of miles that I was going to have to do and with the water cooling in our summer temps would be kinder on the motor.I had my family living with friends while we were building a new house where our existing house stood. Our friend lived 600 miles away. Then I was made redundant and didn't want the family to be uprouted all the time chasing work. The first job was in Kalgoorlie 1400 miles away, the next work was 400 miles away in Port Lincoln and return would make it 800 miles a week. A long story made short is 4 years and just over 100000 miles. It will probally take 10 years to do 100000 miles now. Eric

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Eric,

In addition to the option(s) discussed in the "resize pics" thread, you can also go to Photobucket.com. Set up an account, upload some pictures for storage and use their resize feature (look at the 'edit' section). It's free!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Only my opinion, but it still looks great. I pulled everything off and got to work. First I cleaned the engine and frame followed by cleaning the tank and side covers. Out with the polished everything. All of the plastic was armor oiled. These bikes have no value over here and one of the coments I get a lot is. I didn't think there would be any of those thing still running. I think it's a great bike and treat it as such even though it's a daily ride. Today I even polished the engine. Eric
I thought you were referring to something with two legs!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I could get most of it in the gallery except my head wouldn't fit in. Eric

1 - 20 of 22 Posts