Honda Goldwing Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Judy and I are booked. We are staying at the HI Express outside of Corbin. For info we will be meeting several friends on Sunday in Lexington to start a week of bourban tour. Anyone who wants to go with us let me know. I will give you the details. I think Mark is going to join us for our foolishness. Judy and I plan to leave Louisville on the 15th

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'll have to think about a place to stay. Anybody have ideas? That HIE is in Corbin, 16 miles away.
Interesting sites in the area;
Cumberland Gap is 72 miles.
Mill Springs Civil War Battlefield (January 19, 1862) is 50 miles.
Sgt. Alvin York's place is just 75 miles.
A few years (or so) ago, a number of us met in Hazard and rode Hell For Certain Road. It's just 87 miles away.
I've been through here before, but not a lot, and not recently. Any thoughts about riding the area?
If you decide to ride down to Alvin York State Historic Site you pass thru interesting community of Rugby, TN which has unusual history. Rugby, Tennessee - Wikipedia

Reactions: crownfire

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wife gave the thumbs up. Reservation made for 7th and 8th in one of the couples cabins. Thanks all.
I had to cancel this cabin today. Unfortunately I will not be able to make it to this meet and greet. Anyone still looking for a spot to stay might want to snag this cabin, but better do it quick. I doubt it lasts.

Reactions: crownfire

·
Administrator
15,949 Posts
I decided to stay in Corbin at the Holiday Inn Express. Mostly because it's a part of Ray' Awesome Bourbon Tour Experience and we will be on an extended ride. A couple days before to get to Cumberland Falls and a week after touring distilleries.

It's 10 miles from the Falls Creek Cabins and Campground. I did reserve a room with two beds. So, if someone is looking for a roommate let me know.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts