Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
What do you folks clean your Goldwing with?

I am leaning towards waterless but not 100% on what the best brand would be.
Also, what wax do you use? How often to you wax?

In Las Vegas heat i am thinking that I will be waxing alot.

Thanks for any info / advice provided.

Registered
Personally I wouldn't use waterless as you need water it to flood the grit away before touching the paint with a cloth, otherwise you just end up grinding the dirt in with the product leaving swirls which is exactly what happened when my father-in-law tried waterless. Any good quality wax will do. Wash and wax it like would your car.

Or, a soft brush, pail of warm soapy water, and one of these bribed with a popsicle works well too. 馃槉
Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank

Registered
As a clean freak I always use auto soap (with wax formula added) and then blow dry the water off, [using a leaf blower] ,and when ever it rains for the day, into the garage I go, with my head phone's blasting away with, Led Jepplin playing, and I wax away, the entire bike.... My bike will never see the road if it's dirty....:LOL:

Ronnie
7/11/22

Registered
Hi,

Fleet wash from Sporty鈥檚 Pilot Shop, then wipe off with a quality microfiber towel. Follow up with 3M Synthetic Wax. Bugs rinse right off after a days ride.

Registered
Hi,

Amsoil Miracle Wash. I do wipe regularly/daily at times. It works well and waxes. Soap and water if heavily soiled of course.

Registered
Agree on soap and water for a dirty bike after a trip. I use whatever car wash with wax that I have at the time. I use the same Mothers Wax that I use on my truck.

I use Honda Spray Cleaner on the windshield and any bugs or touch up after a ride when the whole bike does not need to be washed.

Registered
As a clean freak I always use auto soap (with wax formula added) and then blow dry the water off, [using a leaf blower] ,and when ever it rains for the day, into the garage I go, with my head phone's blasting away with, Led Jepplin playing, and I wax away, the entire bike.... My bike will never see the road if it's dirty....:LOL:

Ronnie
7/11/22
I see your reference to Led Zeppelin, but if you're adventurous and like their songs, check out Dread Zeppelin. They do a lot of LZ songs but in a reggae style and the singer emulates Elvis. The concept sounds whacky, but it's pretty cool.

Registered
I see your reference to Led Zeppelin, but if you're adventurous and like their songs, check out Dread Zeppelin. They do a lot of LZ songs but in a reggae style and the singer emulates Elvis. The concept sounds whacky, but it's pretty cool.
Johnny, I will for sure, been a Jepplin fan for years, my wife even got an autograph from Robert Plant.. (lead sing'rr) We've seen them in person playing, a few year back...........(y)

Ronnie

Registered
Johnny, I will for sure, been a Jepplin fan for years, my wife even got an autograph from Robert Plant.. (lead sing'rr) We've seen them in person playing, a few year back...........(y)

Ronnie
15 minutes later:::
Johnny, we just Utube Dread Jepplin, I got em playing now as I type this post............ Totally different, but I like it, and now I know what you meant about, lead sing'rr emulates Elvis

Registered
I even apply a coat of wax on my windshield, every time I wax her up..........When caught in rain, the water just beads off, mak'n it much easier to see through it, and bugs just wipes off, easy'rr as well....
Ronnie
8/6/22

Registered
Forgot to mention鈥 Plexus for the windshield! Nothing even compares. It鈥檚 both an excellent cleaner and wax.
I used to use Plexus until they jacked up the price and changed the formula. I switched to Honda Spray Cleaner or The Original Spray Cleaner. Way cheaper and cleans as well as the old formula Plexus did.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts