Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can order a hardcopy of the 2021 Goldwing DCT Tour service manual. Have tried my local dealer and searched the web .
I will take it in digital form if I have to but would perfer a hardcopy. Don't want Cruiseman or Fred_H DVDs.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Haven't looked,
but when I got the service manual for my 2nd gen I got it from Wingstuff

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tanks but all I can find is 2018 - 2019 . Nothing on 2020 -2021 veen at Wingstuff , Partzilla , Ebay ,Amazon , etc etc.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Tanks but all I can find is 2018 - 2019 . Nothing on 2020 -2021 veen at Wingstuff , Partzilla , Ebay ,Amazon , etc etc.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just what I was looking for. Thank you very much.
Can anyone vouch for this Service Manual website? There are many fraudulent ones. When I asked my local dealer to check a month ago, they called me and said there hasn’t been a released update for the 2020s or 2021s. If you decide to give this a go, would appreciate knowing how you make out. I have a 2021 Wing.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Can anyone vouch for this Service Manual website? There are many fraudulent ones. When I asked my local dealer to check a month ago, they called me and said there hasn’t been a released update for the 2020s or 2021s. If you decide to give this a go, would appreciate knowing how you make out. I have a 2021 Wing.
Helm is the authorized Oem publisher of service manuals for many brands. They are located in Michigan.
The "cheap" ones shown on the internet are mostly Chinese knockoffs. Most of these off brand manuals are scanned reproductions. And many do not include the wiring diagram section.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will let you know when I get mine. But I'm am pretty sure they are good.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone know where I can order a hardcopy of the 2021 Goldwing DCT Tour service manual. Have tried my local dealer and searched the web .
I will take it in digital form if I have to but would perfer a hardcopy. Don't want Cruiseman or Fred_H DVDs.
Very little has changed on the bikes from the 2018-2019 to the 2020+ Goldwings. The only noteworthy changes were:
longer passenger grab rail mounts,
larger top case,
fog lights come standard on the tour models now,
the throttle response in tour and sport modes were tweaked,
Usb connection comes standard in the left saddle bag on all bikes
The passenger back test is taller and has more lean back,
The seat covers were changed,
Sirus XM satellite antenna come standard on tour models.

It’s safe to say that you can purchase the 2018 service manual and all the contents will reflect all the year models. However, a lot of the step-by-step instructions are pretty vague. I would still recommend to purchase either Cruise Man’s or Fred Harmon’s or both videos, as they will explain in detail how to do the job that the service manual doesn’t explain very well. I purchased both their videos as they differ a bit. On some aspects CM does a better job on some videos and the same for Fred. I’ll usually search YouTube first before going to the videos I purchased to save time. But depending on the task at hand, will ultimately go to the purchased videos.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the shop manuals for the 2006 and 2017 goldwings . I will have the one for my 2021 when it is delivered .I have the Fred_H DVD for the 2006 and they aren't worth the disk they are written on. They maybe fine for a person that just wants to do an oil change or an air filter replacement. The only videos of CM that I have viewed are the ones on Youtube . But for any real work or custom electrical mods , which I am know for by my friends , the shop manual is the only way to go for me.

·
Registered
2015 GL1800
17 Posts
My local dealer said they were available for order, but they're $150. If you're successful at getting one for $125, please let is know. Curious why you don't want either set of videos? I've got Fred's and they've worked well for me (same as yours, '21 Tour DCT).

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My local dealer said they were available for order, but they're $150. If you're successful at getting one for $125, please let is know. Curious why you don't want either set of videos? I've got Fred's and they've worked well for me (same as yours, '21 Tour DCT).
I have already ordered the manuals from Helm and yes the service manual is $125.00 plus shipping and tax.

I'm glad Fred's videos work for you . Lets just say that I find them useless and not worth the cost of the DVDs they are burned on .

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Probably no help but I have a factory 2018 manual

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you. I have the srvice manuals for my 2021 DC Tour on order. Should be here this week.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just relieved my OEM service manuals for my 2021 DCT Tour. To an one thinking of purchasing it DON'T. All of the manual pics are black and white. There seems to be no where in the manual the has color pics or ever black and white pics of the connector locations and the complete electrical schematic is on two pages . I have yet taken a good look at the electrical section but not impressed so far. I will need a magnifying glass to view the parts I an interested in.
Nothing like the 2006 or 2017 service manuals I have.

For me at least a big waste of money.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Just relieved my OEM service manuals for my 2021 DCT Tour. To an one thinking of purchasing it DON'T. All of the manual pics are black and white. There seems to be no where in the manual the has color pics or ever black and white pics of the connector locations and the complete electrical schematic is on two pages . I have yet taken a good look at the electrical section but not impressed so far. I will need a magnifying glass to view the parts I an interested in.
Nothing like the 2006 or 2017 service manuals I have.

For me at least a big waste of money.
If you ordered it from Helm, it must be what Honda supplied them with.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have no doubt it is OEM . I am just very disappointed in it . I will still get use out of it . But I wish the electrical schematic was more detailed or at least easier to view. In the future I will think twice about buying a Honda OEM service manual.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I have no doubt it is OEM . I am just very disappointed in it . I will still get use out of it . But I wish the electrical schematic was more detailed or at least easier to view. In the future I will think twice about buying a Honda OEM service manual.
Not much else out there. The ones on ebay, etc., are just copies of the OEM. And not always complete.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts