Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Looking good fella.

By the way.....you are gonna feel like your home here. Lotsa red

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Looks like we're gonna hafta bow out. I burned up too much vacation time with my stay at home thing earlier. We'll be passing through BCC in the future!

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Looks like we're gonna hafta bow out. I burned up too much vacation time with my stay at home thing earlier. We'll be passing through BCC in the future!
Understood, when you are coming through give us a shout. We can meet up for a spell. Maybe supper or such.

Good to see you guys are doing okay.

Like I said, we thourghly understand with the conditions that have been placed on all of us, but we just want some communication on the subject.

I have to time off regardless, and as I told @Silver-Surfer , jaNice and I will be riding and doing things. Him and I have already started to make some plans.

(y)

·
Super Moderator
14,374 Posts
I called Fossil last week to let him know that my big toe hurt. I had someone lined up to cover my Incident Command Team position but he had to bail on me. It was looking pretty likely the fire bell would ring, so duty calls. Sure enough, I'll be headed to Grand Junction, Colorado tomorrow. Those of you who get to attend, enjoy. I will try to make a run out that way next spring. I'm sure my toe will feel better by then. 🍻

·
Super Moderator
11,749 Posts
As much as I wanted to be there, it's just not in the cards for this year. :(

Reactions: Luv2fish

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Thanks for letting us know Kerry. Yeah we have stuff planned and some of it is even an unexpected pleasure............Stay tuned for Pics.

C'mon Sept 4th ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
(From this morning)...

As the sun rises on these Iowa cornfields, this Trump Train is ready to roll-on to the Rocky Mountains, beckoning ahead. With our peerless leader belting out his favorite refrain...

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky.
Ps 68:33

·
Super Moderator
14,374 Posts
If I'm working the cell phone coverage is spotty. Evenings I'm usually in Grand Junction. Our ICP is at the fairgrounds.
The Operations Section office is the right corner of this building.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Made it to Bill & Janice's in good shape, greeted by 108 degrees when we got out of the truck! (But it's a dry heat ) Tell that to my oil undercoating that was running so heavily off the inside body panels that the RV park attendant said "ah, you have a really bad oil leak on your truck - I think you blew a differential".

But we had a great dinner and enjoyed checking out the Johnston's new crib, with the great view of the mountains! Looking forward riding the area.

Sing to Him who rides across the heavens, his mighty voice thundering from the sky.

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Yeah its a dry heat....;)

Morning Crew/Evening Mates.....coffee is on and breakfast prep in high gear

·
Registered
181 Posts
After a great breakfast out on the cool back patio, and then some sight-seeing around the area in my truck, we were treated to a smorgasbord of appetizers. Now I'm in a comma.

But gonna go for a little ride in a bit.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
That looks yummy! Do you guys deliver? :giggle: I have the perfect beverage, but you can bring more. 🥃

I hope you all have an awesome time. Even if I didn't have to work 4 days this week, the Covid thing has us pretty much grounded. 😷

·
Super Moderator
28,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Great breakfast of Cremebrule french toast/ham steak. Awesome ride this morning in the mountains, and an ice cream stop at DD/BR.

:D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Now we might be getting into trouble in Black Canyon City. We got out the wine and we're comparing our favorites. Look out!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Had a great ride (although a little cold this morning) up into the Zion NP area. Janice got the nice shots in the park, but here's a couple on the way...

81 - 100 of 128 Posts