Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,964 Posts
Hi, that Schuberth is mine and is a XL size and the Shoei is a XS size.
They do NOT fit in the new Wing trunk but it is possible to fit some brands helmets in there DEPENDING ON THE HELMET SIZES, IF YOU WEAR AN XL SIZE YOU WILL ONLY FIT 1 HELMET IN THE NEW MODEL TRUNK.

The helmet hanger which is now fitted to the new Wing is, I was told by a Honda rep, made for the helmets with the D RING type fastener and not the ratchet type as used on the Schuberth and Shoei.
I guess there should be a disclaimer stating “except folks with huge craniums”! >:) :beerchug:

·
Registered
31 Posts
We tried to fit our Nolan Large and Small everyway imaginable and taking turns putting them in first for 15 minutes, NO GO. Could only fit my Nolan by pressing with lots of force and you could feel the lid stretching on the hinges. I would not have been comfortable with that type of wear on the hinges and lock. One of the many reasons we found the 2018 to be a huge disappointment during our test ride. Unless they fix a lot of the downgrades and new problems, our 2015 will ne our last wing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
so, here you go, proof.

Left helmet is a large HJC 33ii Niro and right is a medium Shoei Multitec.

The 1st pic the Niro is in the bag.

3rd pic.....The pic posted with the Shoei and the shuberth helmets I saw somewhere on here that Shuberth looks HUGE.

So yes it’s a tight fit...but you can get two helmets in there.
EUREKA!!!!! I showed this picture to my buddy and he was able to get both his and her Shoei's in there. Next step is to get him to join the forum!!! Thanks!!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts