Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I downloaded to my computer, it did not show the file type, just the file name. It should have something like **.exe but there was nothing. I copied to the thumb drive per instructions and will try it in my 2019 tommorow. Damn I’m tiered of Winter.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just completed the navigation upgrade on both my 2018 day DCT and my 2019 DCT. I followed the instructions according to what Honda put forth and the operation went flawlessly. I have yet to take it out on the road and see if there are any differences, but I’m not sure I can tell you what the differences were. doing a little research but so far everything in the navigation seems to be working correctly. Here is a photo of the update in progress. The 13% is showing the amount of the last file being installed. The overall completion of installation is shown at 90%. Installation of each file is started over at 0% completed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just completed the navigation upgrade on both my 2018 day DCT and my 2019 DCT. I followed the instructions according to what Honda put forth and the operation went flawlessly. I have yet to take it out on the road and see if there are any differences, but I’m not sure I can tell you what the differences were. doing a little research but so far everything in the navigation seems to be working correctly. Here is a photo of the update in progress. The 13% is showing the amount of the last file being installed. The overall completion of installation is shown at 90%. Installation of each file is started over at 0% completed.
Well, after two days after the upgrade of the 2018 navigation system which went off without a hitch, I am even more frustrated with Hondas onboard navigation. It does not seem to have any rhyme or reason to it. It is cumbersome to try to enter an address and save it for future reference. As a matter of fact, I couldn’t get it to save anything for future retrieval. It is the biggest mess I’ve ever seen.

but wait, I have Apple CarPlay. Our use the Apple Maps and canned navigate them without any. The problem I have with Apple play is staying connected. It is random disconnect and the only way I can get it corrected is to unplug the phone wait a minute, plug it back in the phone and wait for the Apple play to come up again. Well, that’s kind of hard to do when your phone is stuck inside a phone pocket behind a latch. You need two hands to unplug and plug it back in so that’s not a real good solution. I am very frustrated but what else am I going to do? I guess I can use a free standing GPS on the handle bar, but I didn’t pay $26,000.00 to have to do that.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts