Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2018 Navi Update Link

17K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  mikew568 
#1 ·
#10 ·
Great info DR, please keep updating us as you discover what all is enhanced. I have zero riding time on the new bike, most of the new owners are the guinea pigs but we're slowly amassing some helpful knowledge of the system.

#11 ·
What am I missing? On step 2 of "Update your Goldwing," it says: Turn your bike's ignition switch twice to the right to engage the ACC position (I get that), and double-click the ignition knob on the dash (what is that??). I am willing to be embarrassed to find out!

#12 ·
Xerdoc, since this 2018 Goldwing is my first wing I presumed it meant the red ignition button on the right handlebar controller. Understand your confusion because the "dash" or the center console does not have an ignition knob. When I updated that step seemed to be unnecessary because the process continued on without it.

#13 ·
Thanks DR, I discovered that using my MacBook to copy onto the flash drive did not work, it has to be a PC. That was my main problem. Like you said, it worked fine without the "ignition knob." I'm surprised Honda's engineers didn't provide for updates via bluetooth.

#14 ·
I bought a new 2018 about a month ago, nice machine my first Honda. Tried Nav update 3 times, switched to Scandisk....twice no go. then tried loading update direct to thumbdrive….it worked, it did wipe out radio preset and favorites.

#16 ·
Got both of mine updated with the latest, to add Android Auto, and a few other updates.
Very impressed with the latest update. Having Android Auto is great, and being able to run Google maps on the main screen will be great for the interstate runs.
Downside is that to use it, you have to be running a headset, and that isn't something I do all the time.
So what's in it for the times when you're not using the Android Auto?
More features were added to the Honda Nav system, and I can't honestly say I have used this yet, so can't comment there, but the there was also a change to the Auto-Volume on the sound system. For me, this alone has made the update worthwhile. I have the upgraded sound system on one of my bikes, and the standard system on the other. This update improves the standard system to the level that the upgrade is redundant, bringing it to where it should be on a bike of this price.
I should have to be wringing the neck of the system to be able to hear it at highway speeds, and now I don't. I can now set it when stopped, and be able to hear it just as well when highway cruising, even with the screen down. That's not something I could do before, I always used to turn it nearly all the way up for higher speeds, that's not the case now.

Very happy with this update.

#19 ·
Thank you for kind reply.
As I followed the link, It's all Korean language and couldn't find the link to download the SWDL file. Could you help me find the link for the file? Or send me the link?
Thank you so much.
John

Found the link.
Thank you so so so much.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.