Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trading up to a 2018 goldwing dct from a ctx1300 deluxe. Is there a big difference in riding and turning or cornering between the the different models. Also are there any major issues with the 2018 goldwing dct, bike is still under warranty

·
Registered
224 Posts
I drove my brothers CTX 1300 and it doesn’t compare to the 2018. Much much easier to turn, corner, etc. etc. I’ve had absolutely zero issues with my bike. I have no doubt that you will thoroughly enjoy the riding experience of the 2018.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove my brothers CTX 1300 and it doesn’t compare to the 2018. Much much easier to turn, corner, etc. etc. I’ve had absolutely zero issues with my bike. I have no doubt that you will thoroughly enjoy the riding experience of the 2018.
Thanks ironhorse let's hope so I take delivery at the end of the week.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got the 18 Tour DCT and I absolutely love the bike. Some people don't like the smaller cargo space compared to the old Wings, but I find the smaller size refreshing. Probably wouldn't have bought a Wing if they didn't update it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Of course there will be a difference. You are going from a sport touring bike to a long distance tourer. Weight alone is probably 250 pounds or more. I went from putting approximately 30K miles on a Ducati Multistrada 1200S to a 2018 Goldwing DCT with no regrets on those long trips. The good news is the Goldwing has an incredibly low center of gravity and a super smooth engine. The cockpit is bigger and a passenger will feel like they have been liberated compared to the CTX1300. You will also find the ABS brakes very good at stopping the bike, especially with the new front suspension system that keeps the front from diving during hard braking. The multiple personalities, four total, can transform your Wing into pretty much anything you want it to be. You will not regret your decision to go with the Wing. Regarding the DCT transmission, I own two other motorcycles with clutches and it is amusing to get used to the DCT after riding them because there is no clutch lever. It now takes about five minutes of riding to adapt. Be careful with the DCT because when you roll on the gas the Wing moves. If you are in a tight situation where you have to move forward carefully use the creep forward feature of the DCT model to do the maneuver. It uses the same components as the reverse but goes forward instead, pretty cool.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course there will be a difference. You are going from a sport touring bike to a long distance tourer. Weight alone is probably 250 pounds or more. I went from putting approximately 30K miles on a Ducati Multistrada 1200S to a 2018 Goldwing DCT with no regrets on those long trips. The good news is the Goldwing has an incredibly low center of gravity and a super smooth engine. The cockpit is bigger and a passenger will feel like they have been liberated compared to the CTX1300. You will also find the ABS brakes very good at stopping the bike, especially with the new front suspension system that keeps the front from diving during hard braking. The multiple personalities, four total, can transform your Wing into pretty much anything you want it to be. You will not regret your decision to go with the Wing. Regarding the DCT transmission, I own two other motorcycles with clutches and it is amusing to get used to the DCT after riding them because there is no clutch lever. It now takes about five minutes of riding to adapt. Be careful with the DCT because when you roll on the gas the Wing moves. If you are in a tight situation where you have to move forward carefully use the creep forward feature of the DCT model to do the maneuver. It uses the same components as the reverse but goes forward instead, pretty cool.
I dont have the tour pack. Thank you for your input

·
Super Moderator
11,889 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,880 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from NE Pa. Enjoy the forum and your new Wing. Ride safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts