Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Zumo XT will pair directly with the bike as say a phone or mp3 player?

I don't want to disassemble half my bike to gain access to the aux cable (very dumb Honda, for a $3 part).

I want to be able to hear the zumo through the bike speakers or headset.

No one sells them around here so I can't test it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a Zumo XT, love it, but have never tried to link it to my 2018 Goldwing. You probably can. I don't store my music on my XT, it is stored on my Iphone. So when I am using the XT for navigation it is simply linked to my Cardo Packtalk headset for verbal navigation instructions. To listen to music on the Iphone that is linked to the Packtalk also. I never use the external speakers on the Goldwing because it seems as annoying as those boom box cars. Also, the sound quality when riding is sub-par because of road and wind noise.

I have wired my XT to the Goldwing directly to the accessory terminals located at the top of the fuse box. it was difficult to fish the two wires underneath the top housing but the result was worth it. Used a 36 inch tie strap to navigate through all the stuff underneath the top housing. Afterwards found out about a short cut to remove the top housing that would have made fishing the two wires through a lot easier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts