Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 GL1800 Audio Comfort (Black), 2006 GL1800 Nav non-abs (White), 2007 GasGas EC300
33 Posts
I installed T valve stems on mine. Yes they can be rotated after install. I have also used the ALU 90 degree stems and they also can be rotated after install without issues. They both use rubber seals to seal everything up.

Reactions: Teal Taz

·
Registered
2006 GL1800 Audio Comfort (Black), 2006 GL1800 Nav non-abs (White), 2007 GasGas EC300
33 Posts
Thanks Auburn.
If you used the 90 ALU stems, I had to grind the nub off of the wheel to allow it to face that direction. Not an issue with the "T" valve stem.

·
Registered
2012 gl1800
1,395 Posts
The 2015 has a TPMS sensor attached. You will have to remove the tire to reorient the stem.
Don't try just spinning the valve stem. There is a rubber grommet on the stem and the Sensor needs to be in the correct position.
Rectangle Font Gesture Parallel Circle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The best I can tell, this is a Honda OEM part and I don't know what the PO did to get the valve pointing to the right exhaust tip and it is not convenient to get to. I first thought was, the PO couldn't get the bike up on the center stand so this most have made it easy for them.

I was not able to loosen the Allen screw in the wheel cause it just striped out. I left it as is and mounted the P1 car tire, added 45lbs of air then bumped it down to 32 lbs. No leaks. It will go on the bike tomorrow morning then off I go for the first ride with a CT on a Wing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 2015 has a TPMS sensor attached. You will have to remove the tire to reorient the stem.
Don't try just spinning the valve stem. There is a rubber grommet on the stem and the Sensor needs to be in the correct position.
View attachment 281866
Thank for the pic. I ended up leaving it along. I know sooner or later I'll have to try to remove the Allen screw, but it won't be today. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts