Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A product of creative thinking or an amorous three-way between a Harley-Davidson Road Glide, DN-01 and Gold Wing, the F6B is certainly something new for Honda. Cosmetically the F6B is a Gold Wing with a new seat and without the touring model’s tall windscreen and rear topbox/passenger backrest. The style is undeniably cool while the blacked-out treatment provides a hint of menace.

The F6B owns the same seat height as the GL, but the new seat is narrower at the tank junction and when sitting on the F6B the reach to the ground is noticeably lessened, as is the 62-pound reduction in weight. Boasting a claimed curb weight of 842 pounds, the F6B is 62 pounds less than a base model GL largely by way of the omitted on-board compressor and reverse gear found on the touring bike.

Engine, frame, transmission, saddlebag capacity, etc., remain unchanged from the full-dress Gold Wing.

More: Six New 2013 Honda Models Announced for US on Motorcycle.com

For more 2012 EICMA coverage, visit Motorcycle.com

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
i like the blacked-out look ,but i would miss my rear bag and tall windshield

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Reminiscent of the Valk idea? Lighter, sportier...

·
Super Moderator
7,606 Posts
It's nice and makes the Wing more appealing to the 40+ group who don't want their 'Father's Wing'. But it has been done before as a custom bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
No reverse....No trunk....Smaller windscreen...Now there's a novel idea for ya. You pay less and get less.

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
No reverse....No trunk....Smaller windscreen...Now there's a novel idea for ya. You pay less and get less.
Oh, I'm sure it won't cost less. :(

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Well if I didn't already have a goldwing this would def be at the top of the list

·
Registered
306 Posts
I love the color scheme, same as my VT 1100 Shadow, lighter and sportier sounds great. Buttttt, the things they are omitting are what I would miss most. It has a Street Glide look, it would be great for a solo rider,

·
Registered
306 Posts
My guess is that since Honda just added this to the normal Goldwing line up the GL1800 may be around for awhile. Why would they add this model and then turn around and change it in the next few years?
I think we are stuck with the GL1800 for 3-4 years, but honestly no complaints here.

santini maybe that was their goal, a little lighter, set up for a solo rider. I have never noticed many women riding a full dresser.

·
Super Moderator
7,606 Posts
Could also be a Goldwing for the younger guys or think about this; how about the police department, it would make a good police bike.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
Well if I didn't already have a goldwing this would def be at the top of the list
if i didn't already have a goldwing a goldwing with a trunk would still be at the top of my list :D

·
Premium Member
7,999 Posts
I'm still waiting for the true Goldwing replacement.
I think alot of us are, even if we can't afford to buy it.:eek:

Something on the order of the Star Wars personal flying machines, huh?:D Imagine how you could take the Tale of the Dragon on one of those suckers!:)

·
Super Moderator
7,606 Posts
Your signature says your wingless, I nominate you to get the first one so we can all try it.
If my numbers come in tonight in the Powerball Lottery, I'll be the first in line for one in all black. There are two modifications I must do: the first is a real windshield and a trike conversion is the other.

·
Registered
365 Posts
trike lady.

Well, since you're in the mood..get one for me too please...THANKS!!:D
Ah...how will we back them up?....No reverse:confused:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.