Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2013 F6B has broke cover as a slamed wing ala sport tourer it is way sharp and should convert younger riders to the wing .

·
Super Moderator
7,612 Posts
I call it a Goldwing Lite, It's not your father's Goldwing and it's almost like bringing back the Goldwing Interstate from years gone by.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
I call it a Goldwing Lite, It's not your father's Goldwing and it's almost like bringing back the Goldwing Interstate from years gone by.
even the old interstate wing had a trunk. i think its just the lack of colors that turns me off though

·
Registered
365 Posts
This new wing sure would make an awesome trike!..Except..no reverse:eek: what will the trike manufacturers do now?:confused:

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have to say ......I like it.....I dont think it will sell for beans but I like it.
I have always thought Honda should have done a blacked out Goldwing....Stealth model.....I am not a chrome guy.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
I don't know if its the whole answer, I think at least part of the goal was to excite the Valk fans who have been looking for something new.

·
Registered
718 Posts
It seems to me like Honda has taking the same idea from H-D. Take your full dress bike, the Electra Glide, pull a few pieces off and rename it, the Street Glide. Honda must be looking toward a younger market. Let's face it, for H-D, the Street Glide has an appeal to the younger market where hard saddlebags are ok, but put a full size trunk on it and it says "old man's" bike. Kids nowadays just don't get the finer things in life. Ok I may be considered old these days, if you think almost 50 old, but I've wanted a full touring bike for about 30 years.
30 years ago, most people could depend on a H-D as being undependable, leaking oil and always needing to be worked on. I didn't want that in a distance touring bike. Plus the Goldwing had some nice designs.
I'll admit that H-D has come a long way in building a more dependable product and has many improvements over the years, but it's basically has the same design for the past 50 plus years. Very minor design/ body changes over that period. They all look the same. Dated!
Would I buy a H-D? Sure. Would I pay their high price for a new one? No. I would I trade my Wing for one? Hell no! I wouldn't mind having an Electra Glide to put around for a while, for the once in a while bad ass biker ego. My wife didn't like the riding position on the H-D we rented as the rear guards hit the back of her legs. I myself was quite impressed with it, although it did have a stock exhaust system, so it didn't have that oh so commom full time engine roar.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also like this new wing , but it should have reverse as it still is a heavy bike. The rest of it I like and it should pull some younger folks into the fold. A win for me for sure ! I too am not a plastic chrome guy , I think for all add ons that are chromed plastic we need a carbon fiber alturnative . JMHO

·
Registered
306 Posts
I like it, maybe more colors will come if sales are good. I don't understand why they removed the reverse, doesn't it use the starter motor?

I would still have to have my Utopia back rest which would make it look out of place I think.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I like it, maybe more colors will come if sales are good. I don't understand why they removed the reverse, doesn't it use the starter motor?

I would still have to have my Utopia back rest which would make it look out of place I think.
Other than saving the cost of the reverse I also think it may have something to do with the fact that it's competing with Harley and if it had a reverse it may hurt the image of that style bike. It's just a thought. Having owned 3 Harley bikes it helps to understand the culture.

Oh! And it also makes the bike 63 lbs. lighter which will contribute to better mpg without all of the parts that have been omitted on the F6B basic model.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
If I was not a two up rider,if I rode with a bunch of cruiser fellows,if if if. I would still be on the wing. However that is me. I can see them snatching some folks away from Harley an other markets. I just wish I had more money and time. So many bikes so many roads and so little time and money....

Remember love em all just some more than others..Ride safe yall :cool:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just a thought here, if Honda wanted this bike to be the new Valkyrie shouldn't they give it a little more HP and TQ? If they add 10HP/TQ and with the weight loss it would feel like 15-20hp gain, you know those kids the more the better.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
The wife just saw it. :eek: She said you are out of your mind! Im not gonna ride that. Have you seen where I ride now? Its your fault you are the one who spoiled me...:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.