Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to mount on a trunk handle for my 2012 Wing rear trunk. As I read some of the various reviews it appears that a good number of people are ending up with cracks forming in their trunk lid, is this a commom problem associated with certain brands of handles or issues with the installation process?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I've got this one http://wingstuff.com/products/3592-chrome-trunk-handle-w-gold-wing-logo?from_search=1 it Goes right at the bottom edge of the trunk lid, you'd think it might be a risk, but I've had no problems to date, been on over a year. I'll admit, I don't use it as a "handle" religiously, But it does get used and it looks great. The one thing I did when installing mine was to remove the HONDA badge on the trunk, too much. Installation has a lot to do with the finished product and its overall durability, but circumstance does to. Take for example the trunk rack and fender extension, some have trouble, others don't, I don't have the rack but have replaced a rear front fender from an extension.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
I have the same one as Whacker. The handle is just for opening, not for closing. For the most part it just adds bling.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
I have a spoiler and rack on my 09 and I had both on my 98 and never had a problem with cracking. If they are installed and used correctly there should be no problem..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.