Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with the TPMS on my wing.
with my tires at the correct pressure as I start riding my TPMS light comes on the Indicator that looks like a tire. it stays on normally for about 20 miles or so then goes out, it started out a few months ago where it would come on for a few miles then go out and it has been staying on longer and longer. now once I start riding it pretty much stays on ( flashing ) I have been keeping a close eye on the tire pressure so I know that is not the problem.
on my HHR I can reprogram the car to see the sensors but can this be done on the wing? or do I have to bring it in to the Dealer. The thought of someone else molesting my bike makes me nervous.
I know I have a warranty but I do not want to bring it in to them unless I have no other choice.Thanks inadvance

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Not sure about the Honda but the Kawasaki TPMS will flash for a short time if the temps are in the 30's when you start out. You could have a bad battery in the sending unit. If you can wait until you need tires (since it is in warranty) they can fix the sensor and change the tires at the same time and save you labor cost. If you can't wait, it should only take about an hour to fix so you shouldn't have to leave the bike.

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Contact your dealer in advance and ask the service manager to talk to the Honda tech line for advice. It's possible that the TPMS needs to be reset, but tech may have another idea. The actual reset procedure is very short and simple.

·
Super Moderator
9,873 Posts
Sounds like a reset may be in order. If I remeber correctly the TPMS flashes when pressure drops about somwhere between 2-10%. Will come on steady when it drops below that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i had a the same problem with my 2010, it took two dealerships and over two weeks for the problem (which was actually very minor) to be fixed. the control module for the tpms was replaced and i havent had a problem since

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update
The fix was easier than I thought, apparently you must check the air pressure before you move the bike even to the corner gas station. when I would roll up to the gas station to check the air pressure it would be fine. however I checked it at home before moving the bike and I found it to be slightly low on air pressure. So the TPMS must be very sensitive.
Next time I will use my own advise ( Keep it simple stupid):eek:

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I had a similar problem on mine turned out to be a nail in the rear tire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts