Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Wing has a mysterious rattle in it. I have been trying to locate it and think I have found the culprit. The lanyards on the saddle bags have a nice, loose fit. Loose enough to rattle; at low speeds on a rough road you can hear them. Somewhat annoying on a new machine. Will let you know when I find a good way to stop the noise and still keep the lanyards.

WeldNut

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
I guess I'm a step behind, but what are the lanyards??

·
Super Moderator
11,800 Posts
I'm assuming the door stop cables. If that's what it is I'd suggest taking one end loose and putting a small rubber grommet around it.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
They have damper rods/struts on the bag doors. Do you mean the stopper cable? I'd consider some foam tape or something if it's the cables.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for the confusion; I am in the manufacturing business and I always assume everyone speaks the same language I do. Lanyards are the steel cables that stop the doors from opening too far. They work well but are too loose in the socket. Your suggestions are good ones and I will be trying different things to quiet them down. Biggest problem is they need to stay loose to work properly and to stow without getting in the door. Little bit trickier than it sounds.

thanks,
WeldNut

1 - 5 of 5 Posts