Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am installing the GL2WAY radio and need to remove the audio unit from my 2012 'wing. I have the shop manual up to 2010, but it still has the radio mounted under the front tupperware, not in the trunk like the 2012's so it's pretty useless.

My problem is, the large front connector is gray with an ivory colored lever or something. Fred's great maintenance video says "the lock simply swings out of the way".... Okay, up down left right? How to do you release it so it can swing out of the way? Do you push something or pull something? It doesn't simply swing out of the way. Sort of like saying assemble in reverse order.... never works that way.

Can anyone tell me how to get the darn connector out? I can't continue until I do, the spacers won't stay in place and the wires keep getting in the way until I do...

Thanks, Jeff

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
PM coming your way Jeff.

·
Super Moderator
10,002 Posts
I hope someone can answer your question, but I doubt that there are too many guys that have taken the radio out of their 2012 (so far). Good luck.. Can the dealer give you any advice or let you look at their shop manual??

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
I didn't think you had to remove the radio to install the GL 2 way! I would call Pete at MP3 & he'll help you through it. He's a decent guy!

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.