Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that it really matters but I was thinking about this.........
do you think that the 2012 models are left over engines and frames from Marysville and just boxed and taken to Japan to be assembled.
Would there be a vin # series that would equate to Japanese manufactured engine and frame?
As I said it really is not a big issue to me, just wondering how the entire GOldwing manufacturing was handled during the transition

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
The engines were produced in a different section of the plant, and I would imagine that the production guru's were watching the #'s very closely. I'd be very surprised if they shipped much of anything back to Japan for use in the '12 models there. That facility is a full meal deal for all the bikes produced there. Pretty sure even some of the engines and other componetns that go to Honda's other manufacturing facilities in other Aisian locations and Brazil etc get manufactured in the new plant.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
You know, I remember when made in Japan meant we didnt like it,we were not supposed to like it. Im thinking 70s. Then in the 80s good oh American car companys stepped it up and gave us rattle traps with no brakes like the 83 Cutlass Ciera and we realized that odd little Camary was a nice car. Then we had in 1986 the movie Gung Ho and everything started to make sense.
Now made in Japan (my perception) has been replaced by made in China. Wonder if we will ever be comfortable as we are with the Chinese stuff??? OH and made in USA has went the way of the Dodo. What we do make is WAY better than it used to be...GO FORD!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.