Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 with 1700 mi on it. It starts fine but it won't accept a load until it has warmed up about 5 mins. It just stalls. If I do rev it up and get it moving, it coughs and sputters around 2500 rpm. Once it's warmed up, it runs great. I couldn't get in to the dealer until Thursday and this is a new dealer (Honda dealer for about 3 mo) that I don't have any experience with. Wanted to get some opinions on the problem so if the dealer mech is stumped or out in left field I'll know to take to another dealer. This guy is right near my house and I bought it there so I'm hoping he's good.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Sounds like a carb issue to me....I am not sure though as I do not have an 1800. It should be still under waranty and the dealer should take care of it.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Could be something in the PGM-FI mapping. Your dealer should have the computer diagnostic to check it out.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
mine did the same thing when i got mine , they said i had a wire loose from the factory all is well now

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hae never encountered this with my 2012.
Something is definately wrong, and a trip back to the dealer is in order.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Since the fuel delivery system is controled by the ECM and the bike is FI sounds like a reset of the system is in order. Have the dealer check the codes and reset and you should be good to go. My 2009 starts right up and goes even in temps down to 30 degrees. Let us know the outcome...

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Wow,,,,,If it's grumpy in Texas, it would be real grumpy in Maine,,,35 degrees the other morning. Even I was grumpy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts