Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been kicking around the thought of selling my 2012 blue/silver in color goldwing with 1200 miles and a few extras like led lighting and a back spoiler. Is there a chance that this will bring 20.000.00, it is garage kept and in excellent condition.This is a comfort package model
Phil

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
What ?????? Ok, the Goldwing is not for everybody. It is not the " Desiderata " for every motorcycle rider. I have a chapter rider who prefers his Road-King custom to his Goldwing for the type of riding he does. What it will " bring " is entirely left up to the buying public and area. All I can say here in Northern Viginia is that: I bought my '08 Pearl White with comfort/ navigation with 8,000 +/- miles on it back in November of '09 from a previous owner for $ 18,000 cash. No addy's worth mentioning.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
MSRP on a 2012 base Wing is $23,199. Lowest "buy it now" price I've seen on ebay is $19,595 for a new one. SO... $20k for yours may be a little stretch. But there are always folks out there that may want yours. Good luck on the sale..

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
you may havea good price but if a buyer is financing a '12 wing he would probally get a better rate buying new off the showroom floor

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
In the state of Washington, a 9.2% sales tax is charged on a used vehicle, so that sales tax you paid, which is part of the "out the door" price will be soon paid again upon the sale by the buyer. (here anyways) That is $2,000 plus the depreciation.

This does have an effect on someone who is gonna turn around and sell an almost new vehicle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have just gotten to the point in my life were i just dont ride enough to have it in the garage.so with that being said i'm taking serious offers.
Phil

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
I have just gotten to the point in my life were i just dont ride enough to have it in the garage.so with that being said i'm taking serious offers.
Phil
You will sell it. If I were looking I would buy it sight unseen. Have you advertised your 2012 on the open market , i.e., Craig's List, other forums.... Any responses yet ? Considering what I paid for my slightly used '08 with nothing on it, your asking price seems very marketable.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just bought an '08 Level III (prem sound/abs/gps) with 17K miles and some change. It had a few add-ons (front pegs, driving lights, ride-off stand). I paid 18K + tax & license. But that was on consignment, so I'm sure the seller got less. Nevertheless, you should be able to get 20, and our credit union financed at 4.5% for 5 years - on 100% incl. tax & license. So the low PRE-OWNED rates are out there & it seems the best rates right now are with some of the credit unions. Honda offers 3.99 on nes, but 4.5 is a great rate for a pre-owned.

I have sold several motorcycles, including wings, on eBay. I took lots of photos, described everything (good & bad) about the bike & have a high eBay positive feedback rating. Craigslist is good also, and free, but there are more scam artists playing in Craigslist, as it is pretty much uncontrolled. Shipping of bikes has come way down in price and is easier to get than it was 10 years ago also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts