Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am a newbie to the Goldwing forum. I am considering the 2012 Goldwing vs. the 2012 BMW GTL. Certainly price is one of those considerations. Does anyone have any advice on what I would expect to pay for a 2012 Goldwing with Navi and ABS? I know the MSRP is about 27k, but what is a reasonable asking price from a dealer? I am looking forward to owning a wing, but want to make an informed choice. Feel free to direct me to any websites that may have this type of information!

My thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,785 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

From what I am seeing, the price being paid is less than MSRP. Partly due to the soft economy.

·
Super Moderator
7,661 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Check out the Goldwing prices on the internet. Southern Honda in Tennessee usually has good deals on Wings. www.southernhonda.com
Buying a motorcycle or any product depends on how large a network there is to perform maintenance on the product after the sale. Here's something very important to think about on a long trip with the bike; Honda has a large dealer network if you see the list in the GWRRA Gold Book, while BMW dealers may not have that type of coverage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! That is what I was figuring but didn't know what was a reasonable price given the dealership need/desire to make a profit - which I fully support. I just don't want to overpay either...my thanks - I look forward to a wing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! That is great advice - I will go and look at the inventory. I am in Colorado but would be willing to fly out to get a great deal! My appreciation for the response!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I was just shopping on eBay as well. You are right that there are GW for 23-25k. This at least gives me a range to look at.

Thank you!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
I payed $4,000 under MSRP for my 09 base model. Don't know if the discounts are that much on the 2012's but deals can be had if you search around. Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you!!! This is great info and provides a reasonable baseline for discussions. I am looking forward to getting into a wing!

Take care!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have found that for anything with wheels that is NOT bottom of the price range, which of course Goldwings are at the Top....anyway a good price to work hard to get is 20% off MSRP.. That gives you a good deal and leaves some profit for the dealer. With the economy down and the bike high end, you should be able to get that off somewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent - my thanks. this type of information is really useful in understanding the markup. I certainly am ok with the dealer taking a profit, that is important and i need them to stay in business for maintenance and other such items.

Thank you again!

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2012 listed for $23400 and I paid $20900. It was not hard to talk them down. I went to the local dealer armed with adds from the Internet. Mine is the comfort audio model.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
The comparison you're looking at between the two bikes is a bit apples and oranges. The GTL is a stunningly beautiful bike with several features that a Goldwing lacks. But, they are not a good two-up tourer and although they have a big hp advantage, they don't have hardly any better cornering clearance than a Wing does. Hopefully the GTL doesn't suffer from the list of niggles and glitches that plagued many of the K models before it did. And as mentioned, the dealer network of Honda is far more widespread. Then there's the legendary reputation for longevity on the Wing's side. If you can, ride each one, and if you're planning two-up touring, bring your co-rider along, that's very important.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts