Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put the new comfort controls on to lower 1" and forward 3" kury floorboards with heel toe shifter, and kury ergo 2 highway pegs for long trips. LOVE them all, but may get shorter arms for the pegs for a mo betta ride.:D:D:D

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
I've put the new comfort controls on to lower 1" and forward 3" kury floorboards with heel toe shifter, and kury ergo 2 highway pegs for long trips. LOVE them all, but may get shorter arms for the pegs for a mo betta ride.:D:D:D
Keep up on the evaluation, please. I see these being a big seller if they are everything they appear to be.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2012 footpegs

almost forgot, black engine cover on left side had to be cut at the bottom to reinstall after comfort controls are installed. linkage gets in the way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2012 footpegs

Did you install these on a trike? Still trying to find someone that has not put them on a trike to see how they work.
nope, these are on my wing. each set of comfort controls I'm told by the dealer are bike specific and have to be made to order. I went with the floorboards they recommend as well.
This has given me some relief from the cramped feeling Honda has so graciously provided me.
These are quite expensive and may not be for everyone or their budget, but I'm good with my purchase.

P.S
buy the way, I have a short inseam of 29" (please no short jokes) and reaching the ground has always been a concern, but I've managed. The point here is most of the concerns with boards is there in the way at stops and for shorties forget about it, but that 3" makes a difference for me. Good luck with you decision and hope I've helped. :D:D

·
Registered
74 Posts
My main concern with them is dragging pegs or floorboards, when I get them. Flat footed, my heels are in front of the back of the crash guards.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2012 footpegs

My main concern with them is dragging pegs or floorboards, when I get them. Flat footed, my heels are in front of the back of the crash guards.
Me too when i first got them. Any time you hit twisties depending on how aggressive you are, there is always a chance of scraping. They can send a tingle up your spine if not use to it. It's really not a deal breaker for me. I'm not an aggressive driver and had them scrape slightly one time in a turn (too fast and big lean and they do fold up). Jerry Palladino said in so many words(and I'm not quoting him)that scraping boards is ok and not to worry because now you know your limits on lean angle.
Now I know we don't want to intentionally trash our stuff and so far I haven't had any drag on the highway pegs or the boards with everyday driving and twisties.
You'll have to make that decision if it's the right fit for you with the way you ride. Good luck, be safe.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Me too when i first got them. Any time you hit twisties depending on how aggressive you are, there is always a chance of scraping. They can send a tingle up your spine if not use to it. It's really not a deal breaker for me. I'm not an aggressive driver and had them scrape slightly one time in a turn (too fast and big lean and they do fold up). Jerry Palladino said in so many words(and I'm not quoting him)that scraping boards is ok and not to worry because now you know your limits on lean angle.
Now I know we don't want to intentionally trash our stuff and so far I haven't had any drag on the highway pegs or the boards with everyday driving and twisties.
You'll have to make that decision if it's the right fit for you with the way you ride. Good luck, be safe.
Thanks for the responses. They've been helpful

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.