Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Garmin GPS with a Ram mount that I use while riding. Does anyone know how to hook the GPS up to the intercom so that I can here it telling me when to turn? It is very hard to view when I have sunglasses on.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
What model Garmin do you have? Mine is a model 680 and it transmits voice commands via FM station. I find an FM number (usually lower end) that has nothing on it and then set the GPS to that FM number (ie 88.3) and set the option for the speaker to use the transmitter and I can then hear the voice commands in my headset.

You might want to try a product that works like a sun visor that attaches to the GPS which sometimes helps with the glare.

http://glarestomper.com/

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a Garmin Nuvi 765 with audio out on the upper left corner. I installed the Aux in cable in the left fairing glove box and plug in there using an extension I got at Radioshack. I think I'm going to try the FM method and free up the Aux input for my XM radio.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. It is a Garmin Nuvi 750 and it works with the FM radio.
I listen the the music from the SC card in the Nuvi and the Garmin overtalks the music.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts