Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a few recommendations for the LED foglights on my 2012 Wing, and what you paid for them.

Thanks for any help you can offer

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
I got the Honda OEM LED's on my 09. Don't show a lot of light down the road, but I wanted them more for others to see me, so they work fine for me...

·
Administrator
15,283 Posts
I also had the Honda foglights added. It was after a little mishap with a car pulling out in front of me and mixed in with the total bill. So I do not recall how much it cost. While it does light up the near part of the road, which is handy with the way some back road surface gets around here, I wanted them so others can see me. It makes that triangle from the front that may help others discern how close you are getting. Like the trains use.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
If your using the stock lower cowl on your 2012 it has a different opening than the other 1800's. The other ones are round, yours is not. Check electricalconnection.com for the 2012 lights.

http://www.electricalconnection.com/

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Only trouble with the Honda lights prior to '12 is the cowl cut-outs are a different shape than '10 and earlier. The '12 is a rectangular shape, and the rest of the 1800's are round. I haven't seen any updated ones for the '12 anywhere. The Honda websites still show the part # for the '10s and earlier:confused:
Maybe there are aftermarket kits out there but I haven't come across any yet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
When I picked up my 2012 the Honda lights weren't available yet so I had the dealer roll the price of them into the deal so when they did become available they were already paid for (whatever the msrp for the parts were at the time). I installed them myself as soon as I could but absolutely did not like the way they looked with the stock cowl so I bought a chrome cowl for an earlier year (direct bolt in) which I think looks much nicer:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.