Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this bike as i just bought brand new on saturday. Wanted to know what to look for when I take left side pocket storage out as far as an accessorie plug. Is it real obvious or do i have to look hard? Am hooking up GPS unit. Thanks for any help I can get.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Now that I've done it once, I could do it in my sleep.
1. Gently remove the trim on the left side of the pocket. Do this by GENTLY pulling it away from the bike starting at the top. This trim piece is simply attached via pressure tabs. It will bend out a little and then pop off. Search youtube there may be a video.
2. There are 4 round pins on each corner of the pocket. Use a pen, dull nail, etc. to push the center of those pins. The center will push in real easy. That releases the pins.
3. Now, simply lift out the pocket.
4. When you go to reinstall, reset the pins by pushing the bottom of the pins up.

Thats it.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Welcome to the forum 4wheeler and congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Now that I've done it once, I could do it in my sleep.
1. Gently remove the trim on the left side of the pocket. Do this by GENTLY pulling it away from the bike starting at the top. .
Surprised you haven't broken a trim strip starting at the top!
There is a tab on the upper end of that strip that goes forward into a slot in the fairing.
IMHO, one should start at the bottom and work upward.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got my'12 on friday..... Once the pocket is out, there its a rubber cover/tube thingie with two connectors in it.... It is just laying there and its the only thing like it in that space. The assy connector will only fit in one, and only one way. Just connect the assy plug. In the bottom of the pocket you took out, there its a rubber plug, remove it, feed the little stereo plug through the hole and wiggle the rubber grommet on the wire into the hole. Put the pouch back in, insert the four rivets, and you are good to go..

·
Banned
3,204 Posts

Welcome to the forum from Seattle. Congrats on the new wing.

I highly recommend the GWRRA groups (Goldwing Road Riders Association) to find folks who ride wings in your area. When you attend chapter meetings you will find friendly folks that ride the same motorcycle you do, and like the members of this forum, they know their motorcycle.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Sometimes the rubber boot that holds the pigtail harness will be hard to see if it's tucked in real tight. There's some play available to pull it forward to you, but just be gentle and patient.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts