Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else beside me have to add air pressure every 3 – 4 weeks? Is this normal? TPMS flashes low air pressure. I run 42 in the rear and it was down 4 so at 38, its enough to trip the sensor. Front was down a few also so I topped it off at 40. Seems weird to me, Maybe the heat has something to do with it and now it’s cooling down or could it be these rims?

BTW: The Slime Power Sport Tire Inflator works great. Aired it right up. Excellent to have on board. Works off the battery tender harness. Very compact.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ambient temp changes can do some of this!
It is not unusual to require air often in MC tires. I have no idea why this would happen and not generally w/cage tires on cages. Have wondered why often.
The car tires on the back of my trike seem to maintain pressure a lot longer than the MT on the front!

·
Premium Member
24,118 Posts
Try a little extra torque on the valve stem core. Pick up one of these from the local Auto Store...........

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Try a little extra torque on the valve stem core. Pick up one of these from the local Auto Store...........
I have had this issue twice with the '10 and the '12. I think Chopin is correct, because I notice this condition toward the end of tire life. I hadn't thought about it until I saw Chopin's post. So, I am guessing maybe the vibration is allowing the stems to loosen enough to slowly leak air... Chopin, you are a genius.;)

·
Super Moderator
9,992 Posts
I have to add air if the Wing sits for a couple of weeks. Just always check before riding and make it part of the ritual..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts