Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one heard anything about the 2011 Goldwing.
Usually Honda comes out in Oct/Nov with the next years bike, or so I have heard.
I was told recently by a Honda dealer that Honda was not going to make any Goldwings in 2011 (wants me to buy now ???).
Someone told me that the Goldwing was completely re-designed for 2011.
Don't know what to believe.
Any one have any insight at all ???
I am going to get a new Goldwing, just not sure if it will be a 2010 or 2011.
Decisions, decisions !!!

·
Super Moderator
28,445 Posts
Rex, Supposedly no wing in 2011. Lots of 2010's to sell while they get ready for 2012 in Japan. Why wait? Get riding. I heard one fellow say that he was going to look for a used 1500 to carry him over until 2012. Anyway welcome to the GWOF. Lot's of info here. Good luck with your Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
No 2011 Wings there are 08, 09 and 10's out there. The next wing will be 2012, from Japan.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I've heard some say that they "prefer" an American Made Wing. If that makes a difference to you, grab a 2010 or earlier. 2012 is the next Wing you'll see, it makes sense that if there was a time to make major design changes a model year skip would be a good indication, but I've also heard the contrary. Guess we'll know when the announcement is made.

·
Super Moderator
9,876 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rex. Where is home for you? If you want the latest and greatest, wait for the new Wing, whatever year that is. If you want a great bike and want to ride now, buy a new 2008-2010 Wing. Whichever you buy, ride it safely.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all of you for getting back to me. I wasn't completely sure the dealer was telling the truth. I have heard this now from various sources, and appreciate the feed back.
Renting a Goldwing in late June for a long weekend and taking the wife to Sky Line Drive for a little ride. Will be her first tiome on a bike.
I am from Columbia, Maryland and currently commute to Germantown, Maryland every day for work. 62 Miles round trip on a 2008 Shadow Aero (Retro Look). Love the bike, have it fully dressed out but want a Goldwing and have finally decided to buy one this year, a level 3 or 4 have not decided. Is the Air Bag really helpfull? Remains to be seen.
Gas mileage won't be the same, but the ride sure will be comfy. You don't buy a wing for the mileage anyway, what the heck.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I agree w/no 2011 model
I agree w/a lot of 08 thru 2010 units available
I'm not sure Honda would invest the money needed for a completely new, from the ground up, Wing when the market has obviously went soft for high $ toys in the USA!
If I were you, I'd buy a base model, 08 and ride.
The fancy stuff that ups the cost is not at all what it's represented to be!
Comfort Pkg that really doesn't add much comfort in cool, let along cold weather. Spend the money on heated clothing.
Nav system that is not user friendly, doesn't contain some info on roads that have been around longer than the motorcycle has! Takes a loooong time to program in a route w/vias. By the time your done, you don't need the Nav, you have memorized how to get there! Spend the money on a good GPS that you can transfer to any vehicle.
ABS is nice, but not at the cost of having to pay for the above just to get it! Linked system works well!
Extended warranty thru Direct Line Parts is a good thing!
If you want an air bag, that's makes all the above mute as you will pay for everything to get an air bag!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tfdeputydawg, thanks for the info. I have the full heated suit and love it. I ride all year long. As long as there is no snow or ice on the road, I ride the bike. I will not leave the house if it is raining (take the truck) but if I get caught on the way home, no big deal.
Renting a level 2 in June to see how I like it. Will make the final decision after that weekend.
Thanks,
Rex

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Tf's reply

Tf, that was well said.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi All

Being told the same story here in Aussie land!

Giving good rebates at present to clear the stock in preperation on the 2lt model im told, hence why I bought my 09 air bag model earlier than planned, $39500 AUS on the road.... luv'in it.....if the wife would let me I would sleep on it!!!!!! haha

Ride safe

Paul

·
Registered
67 Posts
Renting a Goldwing in late June for a long weekend and taking the wife to Sky Line Drive for a little ride. Will be her first tiome on a bike.

62 Miles round trip on a 2008 Shadow Aero (Retro Look). Love the bike, have it fully dressed out but want a Goldwing and have finally decided to buy one this year, a level 3 or 4 have not decided. Is the Air Bag really helpfull? Remains to be seen.

Gas mileage won't be the same, but the ride sure will be comfy. You don't buy a wing for the mileage anyway, what the heck.
Rex, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Skyline Drive trip on the rented Wing.

I've had a VTX 1300 for a couple of years and have put a fairing, hard bags ,etc. to try to make a touring bike out of it.

The '85 Gl1200I that I purchased a couple of months ago is a much more comfortable ride (even though it's 25 years old).

I've decided to wait until 2013 and by me a new Wing as a 55th birthday present to myself.

I hear Pete's Cycle in Md has some good prices on bikes.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have not been to Petes.
Dealing with Honda Power Sports of Crofton.
Prices there seen pretty good.
This will be the wifes first trip, so I hope it all goes really well.

It's only money, and you can't take it with you, so buy a new one now and enjoy life :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Keeping up withe competition

New to your forum here, but not to this news.
As BMW ramps up for their new LT 6 cylinder, Honda is
doing the same. Only LT's available new this year are old 09's
rebadged as 10's and only in USA, clearing out stock.

As is the case for Honda with no GW in 2011, clearing out the 2010's
in anticipation for what should be an awesome 2012 GW.

As previously posted above, this lack of model year for both mfg's
is probably due to the now soft market for big ticket toys in N.A.

·
Registered
18 Posts
New Factory, too

It doesn't hurt (Honda) that this recession is giving them extra time to crank up new model production in Japan.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Since I can't foot the bill for a 1800 yet, new house payment gobbles up paycheck, I've got to stay with ny trusty 1500 Interstate. If I were to get a 1800, I would not pinch pennies on the audio system and all the bells and whistles on the 1800 would baffle me. Invest in safety chrome and enjoy some DQ!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I picked up the new Goldwing. Love it. A Red Level 2 with all the bells and whistles I could get. Floor boards, heel/toe shifter, lots of chrome for safety, new helmets with the intercom system. Love the XM radio. Wanted a level 3 or 4 in Red, but the Dealer says he can not find any more on the East coast. I like what I got. Now I have to put some miles on it. First thing is a set of Highway pegs. My legs are too long and have to stretch them out some on the longer rides.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picked up my new Red level 2 Goldwing, and love it so far. I have already ordered a set of Highway Pegs. Legs too long for the longer rides and need to stretch out some. Only have 150 miles on it as of this morning. Can't beat the prices and incentives for the 2010 Goldwing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts