Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess all the 2011 Goldwing skeptics were right. I wont see the new goldwing any time soon. Another summer without riding. Man am I stubborn.
Feels like a self inflicted wound. Ouch!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was in the same boat but decided to get the 2010 instead since I have deferred long enough. I got mine at a very good price so it will carry me until the new 2012 has a year or two on the market and a track record to judge it by. Then it will be time to decide again. To be honest though, I am loving this one and might not make the switch. Who knows, maybe the next Goldwing won't come out until 2013 and maybe the 2010 will become a collector some day as the last American-made Goldwing. How is that for a positive spin?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Buy a left over 09 or 10 and get out and ride, Or find a good used one with low miles on it and save a bunch of money. There probably won't be a new wing for a couple of years yet.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Lemaj,

I'm with joe. Why wait? If you don't want to part with big bucks look for a used one even if you have to buy a 1500. Get out & ride "life's too short". Think of this. Everytime something new comes out it generally will have more features or performance & you can drive yourself Cuckoo trying to keep up. Much like Electronics.

Ride Buddy Ride & do it safe.

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
Well I guess all the 2011 Goldwing skeptics were right. I wont see the new goldwing any time soon. Another summer without riding. Man am I stubborn.
Feels like a self inflicted wound. Ouch!
Self denial builds character. At least that's what I've been told by those who practice it.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Sounds like the majority has voiced their opinion. Go get a Wing and ride.. Lots of good used low mileage bikes out there. Go get one and enjoy the season. Life's too short to not enjoy. Ride safe..

·
Registered
105 Posts
Honda is offering this right now! Go buy a Goldwing NOW!
0.99% Fixed APR on All Gold Wing Models!
0.99% Fixed APR financing available for customers who qualify for super preferred credit tier for up to 36 months through Honda Financial Services. Payment example: 36 monthly payments of $28.20 for each $1,000 financed. Offer good on all model year new and unregistered Gold Wing models. Not all buyers may qualify. Higher rates apply for buyers with lower credit ratings. Check with participating Honda dealers for complete details. Offer ends 6/30/2010.

http://powersports.honda.com/offers.aspx

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More discouraging news. I stumbled across the site the other day. It was posted in May so I sure some of you already heard of this. Its pretty much staying the new Goldwing in 2012 won't have extensive changes. This is absolutely the worst news I could of heard. I've sacrificed this entire summer without riding in hopes that next year I could by my new technology savvy goldwing. I hope I dont have to wait till 2013 for a new enhance goldwing. Next year I'll have to compare the 2012 bmw, or canam to the 2010 goldwing. If they have more amenities I'll have to consider them. I just can't justify buying the same ole goldwing I had.
Im very frustrated right now. Maybe I should just get a crouch rocket for now.

http://blog.ridermagazine.com/2010/05/12/new-honda-gold-wing-news/#more-1402

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Next year I'll have to compare the 2012 BMW, or canam to the 2010 goldwing
Go ahead and compare, you will still come out on top with a Gold Wing, BMW will cause you to take out a second mortgage on your home to keep up with the service costs. Can Am is very different and not really a motorcycle. If you really want to ride, and summer isn't over by a long shot, buy a nice used Wing and get riding, if and when Honda comes out with a new wing you can probably sell yours for close to what you paid for it and buy a new one. There are great deals on 08 and 09's out there with low mileage and a lot of goodies added on. If you miss out on a summer of riding it's your own fault. I have owned 6 Gold Wings, I buy them to ride and when Honda comes out with something I like better I sell my current one and get a new one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a lot Joe. Now I'm really depressed.

Why because ultimately I know you are right. I wont be happy with anything else other
than a new goldwing. So I guess you told me the story!
I feel stupid for even considering going else where with my bike selection.

I guess I still havent gotten over the accident I had last year when that lady cut me off and stopped right in front of me. My beautiful wing was totally.

So thanks for bringing me back to reality even though it feels worst.

Perhaps you can recommend a counselor as well!!!
:(

·
Registered
74 Posts
Figures that I finally buy a Goldwing only to hear about a newer version coming in a few years. I have been riding an '02 Kawasaki Concours since '03 and have enjoyed it, but finally listened to my brother who has had 2 or 3 wings and I bought a 2010 wing (Audio/Comfort). Major difference in riding style, and it feels like I am learning all over again - esp at low parking lot speeds.

Now am I really disappointed that I bought the '10 version -- no, my brother was right. The wing is a fantastic bike in my opinion, even though I've only put 1,300 miles on it in two weeks of ownership. Expansion joints and wind blast from semis are handled w/o any issues (the Connie gets bounced pretty good following a semi), and cruising at 70-75 is smooth.

Only issue I can think of so far is the price of a CB radio. Someone is insane.

Oh yeah, I kept the Connie and will continue to ride it too. It only has 43,000 miles on it, and never had any problems. I expect to enjoy the Goldwing for a very long time to come also.

My thoughts are if I always wait for the latest and greatest, I will just be waiting forever. Someone said it earlier - life is too short to wait.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know I know.
I deserve that one. Thanks for kicking me for ever considering something else other than a Goldwing. Im just blowing off steam. I am a loyal Goldwing user forever.

Frustrated that the new Goldwing is going to be postpone even more.

The good news is that I've should be able to put a large down payment on one when it comes out.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm glad I went ahead and bought the 08 I have. Life's to short to spend it waiting on a something, somewhere, somehow. Already seen alot of things and been quite a few places on the ole 08.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Remember the old saying: "you snooze, you loose". WE have no idea what the next edition will bring, bigger engine, weight reduction, better forks, dual clutch technology auto trans, whatever. About the only thing that would tip me over would be an electric windshield (jeez, I gotta get over that). Shoot man, buy something and get riding again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Lemaj...buy yourself a 2010...the 2012 won't be worth buying...they will be over priced...will have too many bugs being the first GW from Japan in a while...and hey...I can look any Harley rider in the eyes and say my 2010 was built here in the USA...that backs them off....:D

Buy...Buy...Buy...Get Out And Ride....:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have not regretted getting my 2010... last of the American made GWs. If the heat would just let up a little, I would ride it more often.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have not regretted getting my 2010... last of the American made GWs. If the heat would just let up a little, I would ride it more often.
Yes, I'm about ready to take the windshield off my Nighthawk and ride it with this heat! :mad:

·
Registered
449 Posts
About the only thing that would tip me over would be an electric windshield (jeez, I gotta get over that).QUOTE]

Let it go man, your becoming obsesive compulsive about it:D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts