Honda Goldwing Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator
26,181 Posts
I just ordered my mounts and pegs based on this conversation. Budoka, got a picture of your set-up so I have a better idea of how I should mount my set?

Rapier
Hey this is long in the arrival but I did take some pics thins morning (you're probably all set by now no thanks to me;))

Attachments

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Hey this is long in the arrival but I did take some pics thins morning (you're probably all set by now no thanks to me;))
Thanks, Budoka! Are you set up with the 6 inch or 4 inch arms? I've tried the six inch and now have spent the money for the 4 inch, which should arrive Friday. My fear is that "straddiling the buffalo" will remain the biggest issue once I've gotten the arm length worked out.

·
Administrator
26,181 Posts
Mine are 6". Sort of wish I'd known about the 4" before I got mine (hindsight y'know) as I could get a bit more forward stretch from them. Mind you the edge of the fairing lower does get in the way if you are much more forward. Not a problem right now, but in a few years I'll bet I have a wear mark where my leg touches.

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
budoka. I too like my Kury floor boards; when I get them back from " Rapier " ,that is. Same bi**h here. WT*! Kuryakyn, why make the 4 in. extension a purchasable option ? Let the buyer decide when ordering. What a racket. " Rap " and me discussed this and wondered what would one do with a left over 6 in. extension ? Every one has one by default.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Still waiting on the highway pegs. So far I really like the bike. turned 260 miles when I got to work this morning. Still, have the big urge to stretch out my legs.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
:( Won't get my 4 inch arms until Tuesday. Just saw that the shipment was delayed a bit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
For what it's worth. I installed the Ergo 2's with the stock 6" arms. Rode a bit. Still not enough room for me to stretch my legs. 4" arms have been ordered and I expect them anyday now. I am hoping these arms will let me get the pegs right where I want them.
Rob

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Yeah, I expect that there's going to be a few more 6 inch arms up for sale shortly!

·
Premium Member
23,749 Posts
Yeah, I expect that there's going to be a few more 6 inch arms up for sale shortly!
For sale: 6in. extensions for Kuryakyn Floor boards and Ergo II. You might need an extra set! Limited time offer. $45.00 plus shipping ( because that is what the 4in. extension will cost us who need it).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I got the 4" arms, just installed them - made a huge difference for me. Wish they had offered the 4 inchers in the orignal kit!

Anyone interested in the 6" arms? I will let them go super super cheap.

Rob

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
the pegs should come with the 4.5" arms standard.the opening in the fairing front just below the headlight has a plastic duct that runs directly to the vent .on 01-05 there is another duct that connects to the opening at the back of the headlight to the vent thats between the speaker & the glove box.both ducts are unobstructed ,but air flow is slowed due to the curves and bends in the ducts.the air from the lower vent may be slightly warmer because the duct runs close to the radiator

41 - 53 of 53 Posts