Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here, and I might stir things up a little, but what the heck...

I recently bought my 2010 after looking at the 2012's online. I just had a chance to see a 2012 at a local dealer today. It's a nice bike, no doubt. And as marketed and reported, there are a few new features.

But, for me, I am quite happy with my decision to buy the 2010. I just simply like the look better.

There's still reasonable inventory of the 2010's available. If you are in the market for a new wing, look now so that you can compare for yourself.

To each his own. I have never been accused of having good taste, so don't take my word for anything. I just suggest if you are looking, look now.

I'm curious what other people think.

·
Registered
11 Posts
we looked at both and while my girlfriend just said she likes the 2010 better too...we went ahead and bought a 2012....it however had to be white because she likes the way the new silver parts blend with the white better than the other 3 colors that are available....food for thought...rob & cyn

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
1. Paint the silver part so it doesn't look like a BMW anymore.
2. Paint the engine&side covers, along w/the black portion of the saddlebags, so they don't look like they're primed and someone forgot to finish painting the bike!
Still #1 touring bike IMHO

·
Registered
198 Posts
I bought my 2010 before the 2012 was released. I'm glad I did because I think the 10 is a better looking bike.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
you would think that honda would offer a wing in a solid color for those that don't want the silver side panels and black on the bags. why not the silver side panel and silver on the bags insted of black

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
I also am very happy with my 2010. Mostly because it was assembled in the US. I saw a 2012 yesterday in a dealer and the two-tone look is better in person but the back end still disturbs me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
From the pictures I've see I like my red 2010 much better but that may change when I see one live,maybe I'll get over the cheap blacked out look with the mismatched back end and the BMW look but I doubt it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've never bought a new motorcycle. I always buy them with the thought that at some point I'm going to sell it, and along with the enjoyment I get out of them, I think of them as an investment. They lose too much in value immediately when they are driven off of the showroom floor and also in the first year or two. There are plenty of other people that don't mind taking the loss. There are really good used deals to be found out there, I don't mind "second hand" when it means saving several thousands of dollars when you buy it, but most importantly when you sell it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Picked up a red ABS 2012 Wing last Friday. I too was not pleased with the two tone. However, everyone that has commented on the bike really liked the two tone. Of course (like myself prior to this one) they have never owned a Wing.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My bet is 2013 will have solid colors

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
I actually like the side profile of the bike, even the black kind of grew on me as I looked at it. I like the seat, a small change can make a big difference there, even though I have no complaints with the seat on my '09. As for the BMW thing, I think it's more akin to the VFR1200 than a Beemer. What I don't like is the back end. The bags are fine really, but the old design on the trunk is what looks out of place to me. They should have freshend up the look of the trunk to keep pace with the flow of the rest of the bikes lines. The Salmon Arm dealer I spoke with felt pretty much the same way in that regard. Most painful thing for me is that the white isn't available here in Canada, and only the blue colourl is available with the airbag according to my spec sheet.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have 5 questions.
1: What is the price difference from the 2010 to the 2012?
2: Besides the paint and looks, what else did they change and 3: is it an improvement?
3: Do you still have to pay $5000 more for ABS? (I know because it comes with the navigation and satelitte, but I like getting lost, and I have my own music.

My first wing was a new 2010, and I hear the front suspension can be greatly improved with a kit upgrade. 5: Did they do anything to the 2012 front end?

·
Registered
78 Posts
A motorcycle reviewer for the Toronto Star liked the changes on the 2012. I saw the 2012 test bike at a dealer and for me, the side looked fine, but not the back end. I bought a new non airbag 2010. It was $7000 cheaper and the 2012 is not in stock yet, at least here in the Toronto area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Steve, I looked at both the 2010 and 2012 and the dealer had quoted only a few hundred dollars difference between the two. As you suspected, to get the ABS you also have to buy the navigation and and XM radio package. I paid about $3K less that the MSRP. Had to go 100 miles north to get that deal.

This is my first Wing so I can't compare it to an earlier model. Upgraded navigation and audio systems, more storage in the side cargo storage, IPOD connectivity in the truck (controlled from the dash), and improved ride are few of the new features. Hope this helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts