Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sure is a nice looking pickup in that last series of photos. :D

Do you make cross country trips every year?
It's the "Haulin ya Harley" special edition. (comes with oil dry already spread in the bed):D

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
tryin' to figgger it out.........

Umm, Umm, gee, a motorcycle in the back of a truck or two on a trailer bein' towed. In Logic class you would get an F because Logically speaking you have not given enough data to come to a conclusion. Ah, but here in the world of motor cycles we have all seen this vision so often we for sure get it. A bunch of my buddys trailered their 02's to Milwaukee in 03. Im of a mind to wonder... why bother, just look at the metric riders photo album when he or she or they get back :).

·
Premium Member
23,809 Posts
Did the bumper read: " Haulin' mASS ! " ? Nice cabin. What's up with the " Corn Palace " ? It looks like something out of the " Red Square " in Moscow.

·
Super Moderator
28,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
What's up with the " Corn Palace " ? It looks like something out of the " Red Square " in Moscow.
Don't really know the whole history put I remember as a kid coming across from Mt., Mom dragging Dad & the rest of us there & here I was again. I will tell you not unlike Hershey Pa. the town folk love their Corn Palace. Lot's of referances, advertisements, street lights with corn on the bases, & street signs with corn.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Bikes in Pick Ups

Fossil-

I have seen a lot of these "unnamed" bikes in pick ups along our ride, too. Yet, they don't like to admit it... Caught one at the Gettysburg Bike Week down a back street loading up. Pulled into ask if I could help.... He didn't need any damn help?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
23,809 Posts
Fossil-

I have seen a lot of these "unnamed" bikes in pick ups along our ride, too. Yet, they don't like to admit it... Caught one at the Gettysburg Bike Week down a back street loading up. Pulled into ask if I could help.... He didn't need any damn help?:rolleyes:
If they need help, they will flag you down. If you see a rider freshly hurt: STOP! Otherwise, don't aggravate the riders personal problems with help. " Wave " goodbye.....

·
Premium Member
23,809 Posts
Well, they are on the final stretch now. No doubt fast and furious. The last leg home is always the longest and the least appreciated. It's been a great trip for me from my seat: Adventure; Highlights; Views; Drama ......... Beats T.V.

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Well, they are on the final stretch now. No doubt fast and furious. The last leg home is always the longest and the least appreciated. It's been a great trip for me from my seat: Adventure; Highlights; Views; Drama ......... Beats T.V.
Better than any "reality series" that they put on TV. We've lived a great adventure thru our friend Fossil..

·
Registered
214 Posts
I hope their not on their last leg....how many U-turns did he do...:D

B&J safe travels to your home state....

·
Super Moderator
28,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #151 (Edited)
Let's get 2 days in one shall we? Started Tuesday morning Fairmont Mn. headed toward Chicago. The little lady has had some small goals on the trip one of which was to eat Wisconsin Cheese in Wisconsin. On a tip from MarkH we stopped in West Salem at Le Coulee Cheese, quaint little store with some real friendly citizens lurking & one very nice young man behind the counter. Oah-Ohhkay & You Betcha was a typical saying there and the local restaurant that we had Cheese Curds in. Thanks for the tip Mark it worked out great. Covered ground the rest of the way but all @$^* broke out when we hit the Windy. Poor timing & road construction had us going about 7 miles in an 1 1/2hrs. Made for a very ornery couple. Then to boot the culture shock of going from the nice people we met in the mountain & lake states to the rude, pushy obnoxious city was about enough to push us both over the edge. To say the least we got out of Dodge early this am (I mean 5:30) & rode all the way to Pa. We are here in Clarion & have about a 4 hr trip home in the am. The 1st picture is of the "Ole Man", The Mighty Miss. 2nd & 3rd are obvious.

I will be summing things up tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
fossil92 I will be going out the way of Chicago and I was going to pick up an epass for the Pa. turnpike and I was hopping that I will be able to use it also out that way, did you notice if or what is used out and passed Chicago, thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
fossil92 I will be going out the way of Chicago and I was going to pick up an epass for the Pa. turnpike and I was hopping that I will be able to use it also out that way, did you notice if or what is used out and passed Chicago, thanks
Golddragon....the I-Pass is used in the west side of Indiana and all of Illinios....

·
Registered
214 Posts
Fossil... :eek: Glad you had a good time at the Le Cheese....I was worried that I would make a fool out of myself and send you to a place that did not even sell cheese...since I never have been there before....

Sorry to hear you had a rough time in Chicago...I know how you feel...use to live there..then move to farm country Wisconsin...Love that smell of Cows....

Safe Ride Home...:)

·
Registered
214 Posts
That's terribly funny!!!!! That could have been my line. But I'll quote YOU when I see him.
Chopin....I'll take any royalties I can get...actually my wife said that was the funniest thing I have said in years....:eek:

·
Premium Member
23,809 Posts
That's terribly funny!!!!! That could have been my line. But I'll quote YOU when I see him.
Note to fossil: Notice I said " terribly " funny. ter·ri·bly/ˈterəblē/Adverb
1. Very; extremely: "I'm terribly sorry".
2. Very badly or unpleasantly: "they beat me terribly". See definition # 2. Far be it for me to find humor in another misfortune. Shame on MarkH for making light of this episode. I was wondering however, when you were in Wisconsin at Le Cheese, did anyone cut the cheese ?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
2 seasons

I remember there are 2 seasons in Chicago, Winter and Construction.

·
Super Moderator
28,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
The Final Day

Today was the last day of our journey. We woke up this am got moving a bit slower pace than we have been on. As we rode through our State on the way home the little lady & I both commented that we had seen so many beautiful places & yet we had forgotten just how pretty Pa. can be as well.

This was a fun & fulfilling trip & we are both glad that all of you have been along with us. For those of you that have posted &/or given us assistance along the way, We thank you for all your help, those who have just been following along we also say thanks for taking time to read the thread.

I encourage all of you to take time to see the wonderful country we live in whether it be a long trip or a series of smaller ones.

Good Luck to all & Ride safe.

Bill & Janice

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Thanks for the "ride" ole buddy and welcome home:)

141 - 160 of 166 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.